The Corona Cuisine Thread

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Couple of bong rips and the only thing I’m motivated to do is make a second dinner at 11pm. What’s your secret to fending off the munchies?
I really don’t know. Used to get the munchies without fail as a youngster. Now cannabis all but kills my appetite. Like, I CAN eat baked, but if I don’t eat, I don’t even notice, at least until I get hangry. Then I just make sure to eat something to take the edge off. But if we are talking night time, crawling into bed with a book is as good a balm as food. Probably not the healthiest approach but I look better than I ever have, and im surfing smaller boards than ever. Manorexia. It’s the latest rage.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Whatever you’re doing you look great. When the smoke clears I think you owe yourself another Tavarua trip with your new svelte body. Have you been doing a lot of Yoga with the wife? I really need to work on my flexibility, it’s shameful.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
As soon as Fiji will let us back we are going. I don’t care if it means CC debt. The waves and memories from that 10 days still sustain us to this day, even through 4 months of fear and loathing in covidia

and I’m doing yoga pretty often, couple times a week at least. Biking, pushups, pull ups. Took a class with Rodney Yee yesterday in a park. He and his wife Colleen trained my wife the last 2 years, and we have a really fun, genuine rapport. Even he commented on my new physique. But then I mentioned all the pull ups and push ups and the yogi master couldn’t help but scorn me playfully. Really a one of a kind guy. Some of the older san Diego peeps on here may know of him from the 80s. He was one of the early Asian-American gurus, making VHS tapes and publishing books out of SD back in the early 80’s. I think he is 70 now and has the body, mind, spirit, and genuine positivity of somebody half that age. Laughs often and laughs out loud, doesn’t judge, so down to earth.

Last edited:

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Couple of bong rips and the only thing I’m motivated to do is make a second dinner at 11pm. What’s your secret to fending off the munchies?
I had to train my reaction to the munchies, as age flipped the bird at my metabolism. Munchie feeling = pushups/squats/burpees... something aside from mindlessly eating. Even tried the 'just eat one of whatever, take really tiny bites, and chew each bite 30 times' which made the cookie last FOREVER! Good luck!

Reactions: Subway

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Pork ribs last night. I’m doing shoulder today for 9 hr

View attachment 95635View attachment 95636
How big is the shoulder and at what temp? I’ve found that shoulders rarely take more than 4-6 hours.

Been playing around with slightly higher temps (265) on the brisket and liking the results. Got tired of having to start the smoker when I wake up and still waiting it for it to be done by 6 pm.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
How big is the shoulder and at what temp? I’ve found that shoulders rarely take more than 4-6 hours.

Been playing around with slightly higher temps (265) on the brisket and liking the results. Got tired of having to start the smoker when I wake up and still waiting it for it to be done by 6 pm.
10lb shoulder Following a recipe that says 235f for about 8hr. I’ll probe it around 5 hours to keep an eye on inside temp.

6019DE59-7F39-419F-8C7C-378923B9EF19.jpeg

Reactions: grapedrink

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Anyone else getting an error when trying to publish a post with images? It's been like that since last week. gotta upload some meat!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Anyone else getting an error when trying to publish a post with images? It's been like that since last week. gotta upload some meat!
are you trying to post photos taken on an iPhone? Make sure they’re not “Live Photos” those will give you errors.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
are you trying to post photos taken on an iPhone? Make sure they’re not “Live Photos” those will give you errors.
I made sure to convert them to jpgs with optimized size before trying to upload (sort of a tech guy).

R32 already acknowledged the issue and is on it :)

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I made an instant pot ratatouille last night.

It was ok.

The sourdough discard crackers I've been making are quite addicting.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Corona and power outage led to thawing three racks of Costco ribs. Much like Gerald Ford was to the wolves...delicious

294B3CF1-E2A8-4A85-B741-EA5CFB7B88BF.jpeg

Reactions: brukuns