The Corona Cuisine Thread

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Bump. Started making my own pizza a few months ago when I got a pizza oven attachment (propane) for my grill. After 15 or so iterations of varying success and a few disasters, I finally made one worthy of posting here that also tasted great. I think even some East coasters #wouldbang and not leave immediately after.

C2D3726B-D59F-4AC3-8935-DA46DCE15FE0.jpeg

Dough recipe is 2 cups AP flour, 1.25 cups bread flour, 1.5 cups water, and 2 tsp salt, sugar and oil. A few other pro tips:

-Allow cheese to get to room temperature before putting on pizza. Otherwise it will never caramelize, and your dough will be soggy in the middle
-Spread cheese mostly around the outer ring of the crust and less in the center. See comment above, plus it will settle into the center on its own.
-Use parchment paper on top of the pizza stone (unless it’s removable). Slide the peel under the crust to separate early on. Can also replace the parchment midway through with a perforated pan if you get enough color on the crust but still want to crisp up the cheese a bit.

:beer:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Bump. Started making my own pizza a few months ago when I got a pizza oven attachment (propane) for my grill. After 15 or so iterations of varying success and a few disasters, I finally made one worthy of posting here that also tasted great. I think even some East coasters #wouldbang and not leave immediately after.

View attachment 97986

Dough recipe is 2 cups AP flour, 1.25 cups bread flour, 1.5 cups water, and 2 tsp salt, sugar and oil. A few other pro tips:

-Allow cheese to get to room temperature before putting on pizza. Otherwise it will never caramelize, and your dough will be soggy in the middle
-Spread cheese mostly around the outer ring of the crust and less in the center. See comment above, plus it will settle into the center on its own.
-Use parchment paper on top of the pizza stone (unless it’s removable). Slide the peel under the crust to separate early on. Can also replace the parchment midway through with a perforated pan if you get enough color on the crust but still want to crisp up the cheese a bit.

:beer:
No yeast?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I did some pizza with my sourdough starter.

Twas good but I need a hotter oven
Yeah that's crucial. Main reason why homemade pizza usually sucks. You could try preheating up a stone at the hottest temp your oven will do, then crisping up the cheese with the top broiler at the end. I use an infrared thermometer gun to make sure the stone is at 600 F, although I can't get the ambient temp about 500 F.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Yeah that's crucial. Main reason why homemade pizza usually sucks. You could try preheating up a stone at the hottest temp your oven will do, then crisping up the cheese with the top broiler at the end. I use an infrared thermometer gun to make sure the stone is at 600 F, although I can't get the ambient temp about 500 F.

Ironically we were gifted a baking stone for our engagement. We returned it because we thought we would never use it.

Fast forward 6 months and now I am finding all sorts of excuses to have one.

Reactions: grapedrink

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Had a frozen roast that needed eaten. All veggies from the garden. 70 min in the instant pot with broth and spices. Add veggies and then another 20 min. View attachment 97259
Real pot roast... with all of the roasted veggies. Trick is to season and brown the meat before throwing it into the crock pot. With beef broth and a cup of red wine, Yukon gold potatos, carrots, celery, leeks...

Reactions: Aruka

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Calamaris!!! They have to be fresh tho. Something you can't just rock up to your local market and buy.
Caught in your hood (Monterey), unfrozen and one step away from being alive. They take some work to clean but it's worth it.

Reactions: Leaverite

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I did some pizza with my sourdough starter.

Twas good but I need a hotter oven
I wanna do that. We have a wood fired brick and mud oven, it gets hot enough inside but the floor doesn’t get right for pizza so I’m gonna have to break down and get a stone.
633069A0-9250-48DA-BD6F-C2218469C213.jpeg
My wife made quesadillas de masa with these this morning but they’d go good on pizza. Roast, skin, and deseed.