The Corona Cuisine Thread

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Nothing too fancy, but cut up some zucchini, kale and arugula from the garden and sauteed them in some olive oil & garlic, added in some tomatoes from the garden and served over some chickpea pasta for dinner last night.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
if you go to Pais du Basque you will die....

View attachment 94493
I spent three weeks in SW France camping and surfing like five or six years ago. Drove down to San Sebastian for lunch and looked for the place with the largest number of old men and no tourists. Looked a lot like the above, but fewer people. I can still taste it to this day. Had some white Rioja with it. So good.

Reactions: the janitor

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
I spent three weeks in SW France camping and surfing like five or six years ago. Drove down to San Sebastian for lunch and looked for the place with the largest number of old men and no tourists. Looked a lot like the above, but fewer people. I can still taste it to this day. Had some white Rioja with it. So good.
loved doing overnight camping in Hossegor, whole area good vibes , San Sebastian blew up after 2000 with surfing its El Porto now , still can find great surf just need to move around

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I'd recommend a Maldon or Sal du Mer with large, fine crystals

with steak, I don't like a hard/rock salt form
I have some kosher salt and I use either that or the Parrilla salt you can see on the picture. Can't find the ones you suggested here, but there are some good ones. I just want to finish at least the Parrilla salt I have here (crystal ain't as large as the pic suggests) before getting some new fancy one :waving:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I have some kosher salt and I use either that or the Parrilla salt you can see on the picture. Can't find the ones you suggested here, but there are some good ones. I just want to finish at least the Parrilla salt I have here (crystal ain't as large as the pic suggests) before getting some new fancy one :waving:
PM me your addy and I'll send you some from my collection

Reactions: brukuns

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
I might need to get a Hazan Cookbook. This recipe is fantastic, super cheap, and only has 7 ingredients not counting salt and pepper. The fascinating thing to me is no garlic involved. Made this for the second time last night. So good.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Made burgers tonight on the BBQ over mesquite. This time:

70/30, (it's all they had at 6pm on a Saturday at the local bodega) 1/3 lb patties
pickle
thinly sliced onion
kethcup
mustard
raclette
brioche bun (browned with mayo)

Side of Hawaiian style macaroni salad.

paired with 2018 Brezza Dolcetto d'Alba and 2017 Domaine des Coutures Saumur-Champigny.

Damn.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
buttered and pan-toasted croissant

better boy tomato slices with sal de mer

ham and prosciutto pan fried with melted havarti and american

fried egg on top

I use tater tots at home when I want a fried potato but don't want to actually fry the potato

tots with onion and garlic sautéed in butter with oregano, parsley, basil, and chive, topped
with chopped hickory smoked bacon and sharp cheddar

imgoingbacktobednow

breakfastsando.png

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
buttered and pan-toasted croissant

better boy tomato slices with sal de mer

ham and prosciutto pan fried with melted havarti and american

fried egg on top

I use tater tots at home when I want a fried potato but don't want to actually fry the potato

tots with onion and garlic sautéed in butter with oregano, parsley, basil, and chive, topped
with chopped hickory smoked bacon and sharp cheddar

imgoingbacktobednow

View attachment 95153
This makes me want to cry like when Truth posts picture empty waves in Bali and Nias. :cry:

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Family pizza on the BBQ night.
Heart attack version.
sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, onion, olive, jalapeño, red sauce, mozzarella cheese.
6F8B69FF-F34B-4535-B9B3-4CFA965F1277.jpeg