Patagucci

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I recall some animosity that was vaguely directed toward Patagonia after they were no longer sponsored from the malloys on social media. I say vague but it was fairly obvious who it was directed toward.
So are the malloys back to being pudding eating cowboys at the ranch :shrug:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
You ever see it when he would paddle out with a group of employees and they’d all sit in the lineup in a circle around him, all facing him? Super bizarre.

Yeah, he stuffed me really bad almost to the point of being an assault. We got tangled up and told him to get the fook out.

One of his minions said to me, “don’t you know who that is?”

I told him to GTFO too.

These days it’s just employees showing up on lunch break with their hey-bro-all-good attitude and proceed to take every wave.

I type all this outfitted head to toe in Patagonia Work Wear, btw. What can I say, they make good sh!t.

View attachment 138024
I have those same hemp work pants?, dank.
First thing I do whenever possible and it’s not just PG is cut the labels off. I don’t like labels/branding.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Not to keep "harping" (sorry) on my upcoming trip to Ireland, but supposedly the Malloy's keep a few boards under somebody's deck on Inis Mor, for crazy strike missions to surf those reefs out there. We're spending our first 2 nights on Inis Mor next Wednesday and Thursday...Maybe a hurricane swell?? That's entirely possible. So many of those Atlantic Hurricanes do a big right turn and head off towards Europe...North Atlantic is a pretty active place in early Fall

carry on

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Not to keep "harping" (sorry) on my upcoming trip to Ireland, but supposedly the Malloy's keep a few boards under somebody's deck on Inis Mor, for crazy strike missions to surf those reefs out there. We're spending our first 2 nights on Inis Mor next Wednesday and Thursday...Maybe a hurricane swell?? That's entirely possible. So many of those Atlantic Hurricanes do a big right turn and head off towards Europe...North Atlantic is a pretty active place in early Fall

carry on
Sounds like a mythical quest is in order to find those boards

Reactions: Subway

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
I remember that article. Those guys definitely top anyone in terms of adventures for modern surf history.
how about a few years back the two guys that prone paddled from bc to baja. their story about winding up miles offshore when traversing the columbia rivermouth is gnarly.

coastguard was like rescue??? we'll send out a recovery craft if you dont make the otherside in a couple days

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Seems that way and making their own films. I’d be interested to hear if there’s a backstory. They’re my favorite surfers.
I’ve been in the water with Dan on a few occasions.

Always seemed like just another dude in the lineup. Surfs really good. Mellow guy.

No idea what happened between them and Pat. I do know that they never actually wore Patagonia wetsuits unless it was for an ad.

Reactions: manbearpig

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Always seemed like just another dude in the lineup. Surfs really good. Mellow guy.

No idea what happened between them and Pat. I do know that they never actually wore Patagonia wetsuits unless it was for an ad.
I thought they were farmsteading and repping Yeti now. Somehow they’re involved with Jimmy Chin. Their market is middle aged men like us who are trying to stave off death with exercise, pharmaceuticals, adventures, and other cope.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

They always seemed very nonchalant about pro surfing and the industry. Dane Reynolds kinda similar ish I guess. Doesn’t seem like a great way to stay in the game long term from what I can tell.

Reactions: slipped_disc

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
how about a few years back the two guys that prone paddled from bc to baja. their story about winding up miles offshore when traversing the columbia rivermouth is gnarly.

coastguard was like rescue??? we'll send out a recovery craft if you dont make the otherside in a couple days
That was sick. I remember that deal.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I thought they were farmsteading and repping Yeti now. Somehow they’re involved with Jimmy Chin. Their market is middle aged men like us who are trying to stave off death with exercise, pharmaceuticals, adventures, and other cope.
1663366409342.jpeg

I want to die in battle so I can join my friends in Valhalla

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Sounds like a mythical quest is in order to find those boards
Or just find “the guy” on the island who knows the Malloys, and knows when and how the reefs work out there. It’s like 1785 on the Aran Islands. As soon as they see a coffin bag coming off the ferry and into a horse buggy, I’m willing to bet “the guy” is at our Inn, within the hour

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Or just find “the guy” on the island who knows the Malloys, and knows when and how the reefs work out there. It’s like 1785 on the Aran Islands. As soon as they see a coffin bag coming off the ferry and into a horse buggy, I’m willing to bet “the guy” is at our Inn, within the hour
The screenplay writes itself.

Reactions: Subway