Patagucci

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
IMO the quality of their products started slipping about 20 years ago. Used to be great, now just pretty good.
Still have one of those 80's classic blue with gray fuzzy lining since college. The zipper on one pocket broke in the Appalachian trail trying to overstuff the thing. As soon as we got down, took it to the REI I bought it at, no questions asked, no receipt required, grab a new one off the rack kid!

Still have the 2nd one, wear it with my 80's FILA's and some Vaurnet's to possibly off my wife every once in a while.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

Reactions: parkiteric

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Do you walk in and think where is all the stuff:LOL:Huge place with barely any stock and they dont have instore sales like down in Sd. I buy the stuff when its on a good discount , the fit is more tailored to people in shape not fat american sized like north face.
Best deal on line when they have annual sale which ventura store has but its a joke. Early on used to score shorts cheap late 80z during big Spring sale :shaka:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
The best was when they had their second hand store on eBay. I scored a lot of good stuff on that. Now it all gets resold at retail price and it’s turned into a marketing scheme.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Reactions: john4surf

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I get flack from my friends that have drunk the Patagucci koolaid when I bring up the point that Mr. Choiunard's personal lifetime carbon footprint is massive. If he was truly sincere, he would have ended his jet setting ways years ago.
To me, this is just another slick marketing campaign by a successful company that sells on their cultivated earth first image.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I get flack from my friends that have drunk the Patagucci koolaid when I bring up the point that Mr. Choiunard's personal lifetime carbon footprint is massive. If he was truly sincere, he would have ended his jet setting ways years ago.
To me, this is just another slick marketing campaign by a successful company that sells on their cultivated earth first image.
Word but. Corpo, retail, and customer service for them are sposed to be solid jobs.

And I’ve always supported PataG because they’re like an ethnic company. They care about the environment with the organic cotton and hemp man, and make clothes out of plastic bottles bro. They totally encourage the reuse and recycling of their products, and you have to be at least 12 years old to work in their overseas factories.

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

i think dropping 3 billi more than makes up for that now.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Certainly huge. But if you fly in private jets (not sure if he does) then please STFU about carbon footprint.
while i agree and consider myself a friend of the environment and certainly do my very very small part, if i had $$ for a private jet - id use it vs. the shitshow that commercial airliners have become. if you cant beat em, join em!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
i think dropping 3 billi more than makes up for that now.
He’s not giving away $3 billion. The entities (that nobody seems to know much about) will be getting company profits minus what’s reinvested into the company. Still a lot of money, “as much as” $100 million a year.

And you say the money makes up for Yvon’s ginormous personal carbon footprint without even knowing what they will actually do with the money and what effect it will have on climate.

Sounds like a really good tax sheltering scheme, actually.

And judging by the name Patagonia Purpose Trust it’s highly likely that Patagonia is donating the money to….

….Patagonia.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
while i agree and consider myself a friend of the environment and certainly do my very very small part, if i had $$ for a private jet - id use it vs. the shitshow that commercial airliners have become. if you cant beat em, join em!
100%, but doesn’t change my point. At that point just stfu, hold off on the the sanctimony and enjoy it :beer:

Reactions: CutnSnip

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
He’s not giving away $3 billion. The entities (that nobody seems to know much about) will be getting company profits minus what’s reinvested into the company. Still a lot of money, “as much as” $100 million a year.

And you say the money makes up for Yvon’s ginormous personal carbon footprint without even knowing what they will actually do with the money and what effect it will have on climate.

Sounds like a really good tax sheltering scheme, actually.

And judging by the name Patagonia Purpose Trust it’s highly likely that Patagonia is donating the money to….

….Patagonia.
blah blah blah you fkrs find a conspiracy in everything. homies tryin to make a good gesture. even if only a little makes it to however you help the climate - its something - it sends a message.

hopefully more follow.

i actually think its sad youre takin the time to do detective work about it. take the headline for what it is, smile like - oh thats cool - and go about your day like a normal person would.

Last edited:

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Certainly huge. But if you fly in private jets (not sure if he does) then please STFU about carbon footprint.
No ways he flies private. Spielberg flies private. Taylor Swift. Tom Hanks. Clooney. It's a different level of club.

And carbon footprint per individual is such a weird and meaningless stat. Individual effort like recycling (yay!) is so minuscule. It is a shift of responsibility from corporations to individuals. You want to tackle climate change and pollution? Make corporations responsible for the life cycle of their products. Break the back of massive consumption of cheap goods. Get more cars off the road. Zoom probably did more good for the environment than every Tesla ever made.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
blah blah blah you fkrs find a conspiracy in everything. homies tryin to make a good gesture. even if only a little makes it to however you help the climate - its something - it sends a message.

hopefully more follow.

i actually think its sad youre takin the time to do detective work about it. take the headline for what it is, smile like - oh thats cool - and go about your day like a normal person would.
When someone says they are going to do something that is presented in the way that this is (Yvon is such a good person!!!) making claims of “saving the planet“ it is NOT finding a conspiracy to ask the simple questions….

Who is the Patagonia Purpose and Holdfast Collective and will what they do with the money be effective?

Why is asking this most basic question a bad thing?

Seriously dude. Google “what is the Patagonia purpose” and “what is the Holdfast Collective”.

See what you find other than this current story. I found NOTHING.

Isn’t that just a little bit curious?

• Haha
Reactions: CutnSnip

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
No ways he flies private. Spielberg flies private. Taylor Swift. Tom Hanks. Julia Roberts. It's a different level of club.

And carbon footprint per individual is such a weird and meaningless stat. Individual effort like recycling (yay!) is so minuscule.It is a shift of responsibility from corporations to individuals. You want to tackle climate change and pollution? Make corporations responsible for the life cycle of their products. Break the back of massive consumption of cheap goods. get more cars off the road. Zoom, for instance, probably did more good for the environment than every Tesla ever made.
He flies private.

If the people who are calling for all these controls to “stop climate change” and actually believe there is an existential threat from it they’d be advocating for banning private jet flight and they’d be advocating for nuclear power.

They aren’t.

Ask yourself why.

Reactions: grapedrink

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Okay. I mean I have been on a commercial flight with him, so... does he fly you private or something?
There was a Patagonia infomercial/movie where he and the North Face dude fly (in a private jet) down to Chile to buy a bunch of land in order to stop a hydroelectric dam project (completely fucking over the locals who want electricity).

He was also quoted in an interview saying something to the effect of, “there’s a special place in hell for me because of the fact that I fly all around the world, often on private jets, for frivolous reasons.”

He was also a complete wave hog piece of sh!t to the point of being dangerous in the water. But that’s a whole nuther story…