Patagucci

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Some greasy Kincos let everyone know you know how to party, hard.
View attachment 139995
I have a pair of +5yr old Kinco mittens and a pair of +3yr old Kinco gloves. Have always been a gore tex junkie for outerwear, but nothing beats Kinco’s with a baked on layer of sno seal. Best $16 I’ve ever spent. There’s a reason that almost every liftie and patrolman in America uses them.

Reactions: npsp

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Like I said, 17 million is only a little over half a percent of 3 billion. Do the math. That is nothing.

Lets just hope that they actually use their money like they say they will. I hope you see what I mean when I say that 17 million is only half a percent of their net wealth. That is crazy!
Yes. But that value is on paper. It’s only worth $3 billion if someone were to buy it. Same as Duff saying they’re skipping out on $700 million in taxes. Where is the rest of the $2.3 billion after the sale, it’s not in the Chouinard’s bank account.

I hope the $100 million in profits a year the trust receives will go to worthy environmental causes. They seem to have a good track record. Patagonia got $10 million back after the Trump corporate tax cuts and instead of spending it on stock buybacks and executive bonuses they increased their donations to grassroots environmental organizations with the $10 million.

The leverage over politicians by campaign donations and super pac dark money are what most of the two sides to the story articles are concerned about.

Went for a surf and it was fun.

Reactions: tacos and Havoc

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Surf related - I do not regret purchasing a single pair of Patagucci board shorts.

Not surf related - I also do not regret buying any of their black hole duffle bags nor jalama backpack.

Never had to pay full price for any of their stuff, including board shorts - it’s easy enough to find it on sale/clearance at the end of the season. Never got down with most of their clothing, however. Never made sense to pay the brand premium, even with the hefty clearance discounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: $kully

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Next time you're in the South Bay check out REI's second hand store in Manhattan Beach. A lot of great gear for cheap. They also have online used. I think it's a great idea and have gotten good stuff this way.
I picked up an OR wind and rain shell at Real Cheap Sports for $99. It's solid quality and very comfy. The Patagonia version cost $30 more for basically the same item. I've never been disappointed with OR's quality througout the years.