Patagucci

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I didn’t realize anyone actually bought patagucci underwear o_O
It used to be amazeballs. They were pricey but super comfy and I had pairs that lasted 8-10+ years. Easily paid for itself 5-10x times over. Cool designs too.

Then they started tinkering with the cut and the reviews plummeted. Lots of people like me were begging them in the reviews to go back to the old cut. After a few years they finally did, except they switched the fabric to Tencel which gets clammy AF when its warm.

I finally gave up and found a better brand that basically copied their old school cut and similar fabric (Armachillo from Duluth trading).

Reactions: manbearpig

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I guess it's clear what he values.

His actions have spoken and in my opinion are impressive.
Always been a fan of the company, it’s products(tech outerwear), and the man despite some rumors of occasional surf related dbaggery.

Thier lifetime guarantee is so legit I joke that they’d hook you up if you ruined something falling into a campfire wasted because it wasn’t fireproof enough. I finally asked a customer service rep if it would work, and he said if you hadn’t been a dick about returns in the past, they’d allow it.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
Thier lifetime guarantee is so legit I joke that they’d hook you up if you ruined something falling into a campfire wasted because it wasn’t fireproof enough. I finally asked a customer service rep if it would work, and he said if you hadn’t been a dick about returns in the past, they’d allow it.
My wife got put on their sh!t list for returning 3 or 4 raincoats that the Gore-Tex started flaking off and a couple of back packs with rusted zippers. They said no more returns for her.

• Wow
Reactions: grapedrink

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
My wife got put on their sh!t list for returning 3 or 4 raincoats that the Gore-Tex started flaking off and a couple of back packs with rusted zippers. They said no more returns for her.
Bummer. I had not heard off that happening, and tbh I’m surprised bc it’s not like she was abusing them.
With the Gore-Tex I believe the garments are also warrantied by them as well so if TNF, PGucci etc was giving you a hard time…

Ive never had to return anything tbh but I heard the pro move is to do it at one of their stores?

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I always go into their shop because they have surfboards. :jamon:

Their clothes are generally too expensive for my taste. I did get one of thier down vests on sale. I like their business philosophy. I wish them continued success.

I also like REI's secondhand store in Manhattan Beach. Great deals there.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Highly reccomend traveling duffle bags "black hole" and back pack. I own a 2mm short sleeve full bought on sale turned out cheaper then the hyperfreak I was going to buy and flexibility was not a concern at 2mm. Holding up great after two years using as main suit here in 805 gets the most use:shaka:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
The big black hole bag is solid.

The jackets/gear never let me down either and have lasted awhile. So the investment was worth it.

ive Only had their older wetsuits with the gridded wool. They were terrible but it looks like they’ve improved on that design.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
I recently visited the main office in Ventura. I always thought it was some BS hippie company in Oregon.
Do you walk in and think where is all the stuff:LOL:Huge place with barely any stock and they dont have instore sales like down in Sd. I buy the stuff when its on a good discount , the fit is more tailored to people in shape not fat american sized like north face.

Reactions: rowjimmytour