*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I just bought this one for $40 and a $12 grinder from Woot, and some whole beans from Volcanica that cost more than both of them combined :loser:. Mmm, coffee brew smell is the best alarm clock. I misread my clock, so I accidentally set the coffee maker clock 2hrs early and it thought 5am was 3am for autobrew. We were drinking and getting fired up on coffee, getting ready for work, etc for about an hour and a half before wondering why it was still pitch fcking black outside :loser:
I was gonna get the induction friendly Bialetti but like the convenience and wakeup call of auto brew.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Ok, so we didn’t run the dishwasher overnight
The coffee cup I use every day was in the dishwasher this morning when my coffee was ready
So I’m using a different one, maybe it’s ceramic, maybe it porcelain, I don’t know
But it’s not the stone-like cup I’ve apparently grown way too attached to
It’s just not the same

I goofed on @hal9000 for having a preference for a certain type of cup
And I’m here to say, yikes, #metoo

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ok, so we didn’t run the dishwasher overnight
The coffee cup I use every day was in the dishwasher this morning when my coffee was ready
So I’m using a different one, maybe it’s ceramic, maybe it porcelain, I don’t know
But it’s not the stone-like cup I’ve apparently grown way too attached to
It’s just not the same

I goofed on @hal9000 for having a preference for a certain type of cup
And I’m here to say, yikes, #metoo
And here I thought I was the compulsive one in our bromance…I must use 8-10 different mugs and to go cups on regular rotation.

If anything, I have a little moment of childlike glee when I choose my mug for that oh so important first cup of the day. Like, am I feeling like a Hanalei tourist mug this morning? Maybe a more somber and reflective mug, in the form of the one I got from the 9/11 memorial museum? Maybe the really tall, awkwardly and poorly balanced Yankees mug that holds a solid 16 ounces? Perhaps even a <gasp> employer-branded swag mug if I’m feeling the sales team spirit that morning? FWIW the mugs and travel cups our marketing people have been giving out the last couple of years have REALLY raised the bar compared to what I’d come to expect from most corporate handout type crap. Like, we’re getting Yetis, etc. even though our revenue was down 50% in 2020 LMAO. “well, our sales teams incomes are down anywhere from 50 to 100% due to the pandemic, but, let’s give em these really pricey and well built travel mugs with cork bottoms and properly sealing lids as a consolation” and sadly it worked on me. I literally took a little more pride again in my company when I got the travel mug, it’s that nice

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
When I went to Czechoslovakia in the early '90s they just put some super rough-ground beans into the cup and poured hot water over 'em.

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’m quite particular on the mug choice.

I hate the only slightly warm forced chug. I want to sip slowly across an hour and have the same temp throughout.

this morning I had to use one of hunnybunny’s and I’m writing this without coffee in one hand as I had to chug the mug before it got cold and am already 2 mugs deep.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
And here I thought I was the compulsive one in our bromance…I must use 8-10 different mugs and to go cups on regular rotation.

If anything, I have a little moment of childlike glee when I choose my mug for that oh so important first cup of the day. Like, am I feeling like a Hanalei tourist mug this morning? Maybe a more somber and reflective mug, in the form of the one I got from the 9/11 memorial museum? Maybe the really tall, awkwardly and poorly balanced Yankees mug that holds a solid 16 ounces? Perhaps even a <gasp> employer-branded swag mug if I’m feeling the sales team spirit that morning? FWIW the mugs and travel cups our marketing people have been giving out the last couple of years have REALLY raised the bar compared to what I’d come to expect from most corporate handout type crap. Like, we’re getting Yetis, etc. even though our revenue was down 50% in 2020 LMAO. “well, our sales teams incomes are down anywhere from 50 to 100% due to the pandemic, but, let’s give em these really pricey and well built travel mugs with cork bottoms and properly sealing lids as a consolation” and sadly it worked on me. I literally took a little more pride again in my company when I got the travel mug, it’s that nice
No, you definitely are the compulsive one
If I had a bunch of stone like mugs, I’d use them
But I have one and it’s not smooth and slippery, and stays hotter than the other ones
It’s definitely a better coffee experience

today I learned I’m a coffee mug snob
:bricks:

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I use the same 32oz yeti every single day, whether I’m going to work or play or just kicking back at home.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah the cork bottom yeti holds 20 oz and keeps that Dancing Goat piping hot all the way from my driveway to Penn station. Even though it’s metal lined, which I do not enjoy, i do enjoy its heat retention, durability, and aforementioned non slip cork bottom

Reactions: sdsrfr

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
No, you definitely are the compulsive one
If I had a bunch of stone like mugs, I’d use them
But I have one and it’s not smooth and slippery, and stays hotter than the other ones
It’s definitely a better coffee experience

today I learned I’m a coffee mug snob
:bricks:
We have two roughish Stone mugs you may enjoy, but hand washing Neanderthals need not apply

• Haha
Reactions: Random Guy

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The Yeti cup is the only travel cup I’ve used where you don’t actually taste the cup itself :barf:
Just make your covfefe stronger!

I do have a ceramic mug I bought at a craft fair in Seattle. The ceramicist who made it was literally dressed like a gnome and he was a good salesman who claimed that his ceramic is porous and oxygen in the ceramic effects the flavor of beverages. He even offered up taste test samples. It was probably some psychological mindfuck placebo effect but I kinda tasted the difference, so we bought two. I also like the way they look. But I still drink out of my yeti more than anything. Mostly cause I make a sh!t load of coffee and sip it all day.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Cup of coffee first thing in morning, use my Yeti for decaf lemon tea later in the day.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
We have two roughish Stone mugs you may enjoy, but hand washing Neanderthals need not apply
Why would I need more than 1 anyway?
no duplicate items to do the same job
I just need to be more careful setting the overnight diswasher