*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
So since this popped up I'll have to say my Breville drip coffee maker is pretty awesome.

And you guys got lucky. I almost posted an official "SBD needs a new washer and dryer" thread but I didn't have time, with the wife already making trips to the laundromat :roflmao:
Go LG for washer just had samsung bought during covid last less then three years before constantly shake rattle and roll unbalanced could not make it to spin cycle. We replaced it with 5.5 lg top load nice size and super quite no belts direct drive motor:shaka:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
So since this popped up I'll have to say my Breville drip coffee maker is pretty awesome.

And you guys got lucky. I almost posted an official "SBD needs a new washer and dryer" thread but I didn't have time, with the wife already making trips to the laundromat :roflmao:
Ooh, I would follow that. We need a new washer too

EDIT:
Already got a LG washer and dryer. So far so good. I heard about issues with samsung
Model?

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
does it get all coffee grounds wet? heard u need to stir the basket. also, do u use a smart outlet for timed brew?
yeah you close the basket drain thing to start, let the water soak the grounds and then open it. i usually stir the grounds once but not always. i don't use a timer. it brews a pot very quickly. if the timer thing is important i would just get something else with a built in timer.

Reactions: $kully and Havoc

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
yeah you close the basket drain thing to start, let the water soak the grounds and then open it. i usually stir the grounds once but not always. i don't use a timer. it brews a pot very quickly. if the timer thing is important i would just get something else with a built in timer.
what r u using as a grinder? Makes more of a difference than the coffee maker imho. I have Baratza encore and use a hario switch lately. Encore is just ok imho but leaps better than non conical burrs

Reactions: grapedrink

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
what r u using as a grinder? Makes more of a difference than the coffee maker imho. I have Baratza encore and use a hario switch lately. Encore is just ok imho but leaps better than non conical burrs
i think it's this one. it's probably not the best ever but it does grind evenly and has been trouble free for a few years.

Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
stainless or glass carafe?