*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Hey sbd, how did you make your coffee today
We recently got a kuerig combo type thing with a carafe plus the pod single cup
I still have my ridiculous multi-snooze stove top percolator routine, but most days, it’s just one percolator pot, and then pods
Way easier, while working from home, although nowhere near as good

How did you make yours, sbd?

Reactions: Aruka

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
It absolutely slays by Ratio 6 and Cuisinart CPO-800.

The Ratio 6 is a pain in the ass. Makes a great cup of coffee, kind of unique with the flat basket but all the parts and lack of warming plate are huge deterents.

The CPO-800 is a GREAT coffee maker for the money and an absolute beast. Not quite as good as the Technivorm but definitely 80% of the quality at 50% of the price with more settings (if you care).

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
you're stocked kool aid. the moccamaster makes a great cup.

i've been going a bit finer grind than i did with my pour over or chemex. also making sure to keep the basket closed until the grinds are well saturated makes a noticeable difference in the final strength. give it a stir and then let it rip. just about perfect every time.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Ha. Combo of being lazy and the desire to drive you all crazy, I picked up a Breville Precision Brewer about a month ago. Spendy but a really nice coffee maker.

Felt good under the arm right out of the box so I knew it had potential. Finger wells are slowly forming on the buttons so I feel like it's really becoming my own. The stainless steel schedule is a proper team build it should hold up well over time. Kind of a perfect balance between to light and too heavy.

Playing around with the multiple settings is kind of cool. It brews hot, fast, and makes a good cup of coffee. Other positives are that it's really easy to clean, it pours neatly, and it's easy to fill the reservoir.

Is it worth the 300 dollar price tag? Time will tell but if the quality is good and it holds up, I'd say yes. And no comments on the mess. That makes the coffee taste better.breville.jpg

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Simple:
Krup grinder
coffee beans
#6 Meliha cone coffee filter
large plastic cone
grind, pour over = Morning Goodness

SBD .... is like a table hopping dance whore ..... teasin n' breeezin ~ ~ :dancing:

:beer:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Ha. Combo of being lazy and the desire to drive you all crazy, I picked up a Breville Precision Brewer about a month ago. Spendy but a really nice coffee maker.

Felt good under the arm right out of the box so I knew it had potential. Finger wells are slowly forming on the buttons so I feel like it's really becoming my own. The stainless steel schedule is a proper team build it should hold up well over time. Kind of a perfect balance between to light and too heavy.

Playing around with the multiple settings is kind of cool. It brews hot, fast, and makes a good cup of coffee. Other positives are that it's really easy to clean, it pours neatly, and it's easy to fill the reservoir.

Is it worth the 300 dollar price tag? Time will tell but if the quality is good and it holds up, I'd say yes. And no comments on the mess. That makes the coffee taste better.View attachment 105896
Should of ordered 3/128" thinner. Looks like a crutch at those dims, but glad you're stocked :shaka:

• Love
Reactions: scdad and afoaf

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
you're stocked kool aid. the moccamaster makes a great cup.

i've been going a bit finer grind than i did with my pour over or chemex. also making sure to keep the basket closed until the grinds are well saturated makes a noticeable difference in the final strength. give it a stir and then let it rip. just about perfect every time.
That's how I do it too. Let it go for a min or so to wet the coffee. Let it breathe or give it a quick stir. Then put the cover on and let it do its thing.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Jesus you guys love making everything complicated. Good fresh beans, grind and my coffee, medium strength, great coffee, and I drink about 60 ounces a day some days. Try to find “dancing goat” blend at your local Indy shop. It’s the bomb. in heavy rotation with the OG Peruvian. When I visit Kauai, I always buy 5 pounds of Kauai coffee company beans to bring home. keep the beans fresh by storing in a big gladware thing. Drink as needed for da kind

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

Is it worth the 300 dollar price tag? Time will tell but if the quality is good and it holds up, I'd say yes. And no comments on the mess. That makes the coffee taste better.View attachment 105896
after all this you get a coffee maker a month ago and don't even tell us?!

i hope you burn your tongue you son of a btch.