*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
as I believe I already said earlier in the thread, this is so uncharacteristic of me. Normally if I want something, I do some research it and I waste no time getting it.

I have no logical explanation for this mess:socrazy:

Reactions: Aruka and Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
as I believe I already said earlier in the thread, this is so uncharacteristic of me. Normally if I want something, I do some research it and I waste no time getting it.

I have no logical explanation for this mess:socrazy:
Pandemic brain. Excuses nearly all mental slippages, babbling semi coherently , not remembering the day or even month, it’s endless

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Bump. Bought a Delonghi Magnifica espresso maker about a month ago. Wasn’t cheap :drowning: but well worth it. Does the grinding, loading and disposal for you. All I have to do is fill the water tank a few times a week and empty out the spent grind bin about once a week. Otherwise I turn it on and press a button, that’s it. No grinds making a mess, rinsing the coffee pot, etc. Can make a nice crema too. I usually add a shot to 3-4 oz boiling water.

1A201B6C-1238-4265-A58C-49D98C1AAF3B.jpeg

I kept the box just in case I wasn't sure and went back to drip coffee. Then I made drip coffee a few times, and in comparison it’s like I’m drinking hot water steeped in used tires. Burned the boat (threw away the box) and never turning back :beer:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Bump. Bought a Delonghi Magnifica espresso maker about a month ago. Wasn’t cheap :drowning: but well worth it. Does the grinding, loading and disposal for you. All I have to do is fill the water tank a few times a week and empty out the spent grind bin about once a week. Otherwise I turn it on and press a button, that’s it. No grinds making a mess, rinsing the coffee pot, etc. Can make a nice crema too. I usually add a shot to 3-4 oz boiling water.

View attachment 117107

I kept the box just in case I wasn't sure and went back to drip coffee. Then I made drip coffee a few times, and in comparison it’s like I’m drinking hot water steeped in used tires. Burned the boat (threw away the box) and never turning back :beer:
My buddy has something similar and it's awesome. Makes a fantastic cup of coffee.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC

View attachment 117107

Are you still liking this machine?
Is it worth the price?

Theres a full automatic & a super automatic...what did you go with?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Are you still liking this machine?
Is it worth the price?

Theres a full automatic & a super automatic...what did you go with?
Yes and yes. It was $700 and worth it. I have zero desire for drip coffee now. Usually do about 2/3 water and 1/3 espresso, which I guess is technically an Americano? Straight espresso comes out great as well.

I have the super. Not sure what you don’t get without the “super”, but whatever it is it’s worth it. It packs the coffee, disposes the grounds, and self rinses. All I have to do is empty the spent grinds and refill the beans and water :beer:

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Yes and yes. It was $700 and worth it. I have zero desire for drip coffee now. Usually do about 2/3 water and 1/3 espresso, which I guess is technically an Americano? Straight espresso comes out great as well.

I have the super. Not sure what you don’t get without the “super”, but whatever it is it’s worth it. It packs the coffee, disposes the grounds, and self rinses. All I have to do is empty the spent grinds and refill the beans and water :beer:
This sounds like what i want and now my wife is looking at these machines too....so I have a feeling it will be soon

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
This sounds like what i want and now my wife is looking at these machines too....so I have a feeling it will be soon
Yeah the fact that I literally just press buttons and virtually no clean up seals the deal . . . . The quality of the coffee itself is a bonus :roflmao:

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
If you drink black coffee and you’re serious about it do yourself a favor and get a cafelat robot. It’s $300. I have a $750 grinder I don’t know how cheap you can go with the grinder but I’m sure you can go cheaper - the robot is super forgiving compared to semi autos and there’s pretty much zero maintenance needed.. There’s no looking back for me.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What’s the TL;DR of this beast?

time for a new thermos based drip that can be programmed night before and make 8-10cups that stays hot for at least 3 hours after brewing.

coming from a 10yr old zojirushi that was well respected. do I just get the new version or…?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
The price for coffee makers blows my mind
I guess maybe espresso machines is different but for normal coffee, a standard stove top percolator beats everything else

300 for a grinder?
doesn’t matter how much I make off bitcoins, I just don’t see it being that different than a 20dollar grinder
Cue subway telling me I’m a cheap motherfooker

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Hey man, I’m with you all the way on the coffee maker. Spend the cash on high quality freshly roasted beans, $20 Mr coffee, and good to go

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
What’s the TL;DR of this beast?

time for a new thermos based drip that can be programmed night before and make 8-10cups that stays hot for at least 3 hours after brewing.

coming from a 10yr old zojirushi that was well respected. do I just get the new version or…?
The Zojirushi push button carafes I've used that in commercial settings for self serve coffee are by far the best. Coffee stays hot for hours upon hours and the glass lining keeps the flavor good. I'd stick with that brand for sure, new or used :beer:

Reactions: sdsrfr

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
The price for coffee makers blows my mind
I guess maybe espresso machines is different but for normal coffee, a standard stove top percolator beats everything else

300 for a grinder?
doesn’t matter how much I make off bitcoins, I just don’t see it being that different than a 20dollar grinder
Cue subway telling me I’m a cheap motherfooker
Only needed if you get into espresso.

Reactions: sdsrfr