*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Ive heard Jamaican Blue Mountain is terrific. Anyone try it?
Yes, it's phenomenal! I first tried it on our honeymoon in Jamaica 30 years ago. Since then, I'll order it if I see it on a menu and occasionally will order some online. Best served with whole goats milk and brown sugar.:coffee::bowdown:

• Love
Reactions: Bob and afoaf

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I’ll admit I’m a bit jacked on caffeine right now lol. I didn’t sleep well because I was excited to play with the new toy and had one double shot too many.
I can have 2 cups and go back to bed if theres no surf.

Reactions: rts265

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
trusty Cuisinfart finally crapped out after 5 years loyal service as a daily driver pumping out 9 to11 cups 365. We are re-upping with the same but stainless carafe. We had pretty much the same wishlist as SBD in the original post. Need for >8 cups ruled out Bonavita, and no auto-brew ruled out Aruka's fancy HPSB moccamaster.

Reactions: CutnSnip and Aruka

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Breville Smart Grinder Pro is working well.

1606267886803.png

Espresso maker is also Breville. We use it on the weekends, its 14 years old and going strong. Older model of this one.

1606268162232.png

Forget what brand, but our weekday coffee is a programmable with insulated carafe. Nothing amazing, but it works well.

Hey Folgers Boy, show some respect for yourself and get a real machine! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and rts265

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
So we got a new Cuisinart with the 10-cup insulated carafe. Works fine. Bit of a design flaw with a lip in the top of the carafe that you cannot easily get the last 1/2 cup out by pouring- basically you have to unscrew the top and shake it around to dump it out. Makes it pretty unusable to fill the water in the tank and a pain to get the last of the brewed coffee out. Works great keeping the coffee hot tho

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers
Dec 21, 2020
Hi everyone! I'm about to buy a new coffee maker, but I realized that I got completely lost, cause it's been years since I chose my previous one. Any recommendations on Hamilton machines? I'm especially interested in Way Brewer. But if you know any breed that is better for the same price you are more than welcome.
Thanks

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
So we got a new Cuisinart with the 10-cup insulated carafe. Works fine. Bit of a design flaw with a lip in the top of the carafe that you cannot easily get the last 1/2 cup out by pouring- basically you have to unscrew the top and shake it around to dump it out. Makes it pretty unusable to fill the water in the tank and a pain to get the last of the brewed coffee out. Works great keeping the coffee hot tho
My mother has that one and it drives the rest of my family nuts. It’s become a joke for us because she swears by it. I spill half the time I try to pour myself a cup.

Reactions: oeste858

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Patrick O'Brien...

The Aubrey chronicles... As a captain of a ship. You have your underlings, One of them makes coffee...