*** Official Hurley Pro Sunset Beach Contest Thread ***

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Best part of the contest besides Italo's air drop (think it was Italo, anyway). What did that poor board do to him? That kind of childish crap from a 30 year old man is just silly. I think Kolohe would have been happier if he'd never been a pro surfer.
I love it. Anger is an energy.

I forgot who it was but some pro lost and just started punching/slapping himself in the face.

Bobby Martinez’s tennis rant in New York.

Sunny threw his second place trophy off the cliffs at a Diamond Head am contest and got banned then turned pro.

Freddy P’s rock n roll off a rock at Snapper.

Can’t leave out 50 year old Slater jumping on his board and falling on his butt.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I love it. Anger is an energy.

I forgot who it was but some pro lost and just started punching/slapping himself in the face.

Bobby Martinez’s tennis rant in New York.

Sunny threw his second place trophy off the cliffs at a Diamond Head am contest and got banned then turned pro.

Freddy P’s rock n roll off a rock at Snapper.

Can’t leave out 50 year old Slater jumping on his board and falling on his butt.
Andy Irons in every contest he lost :roflmao:

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
Anybody see the Baker Igarashi heat? So lame the judges cower to a buzzer beater score when Igarashi did 2 safety turns and a floater.
That was such a joke. Igarashi obviously rips but is consistently overscored. Jackson Baker should have won that heat 100%.

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Watching Joao's heat overlapping with Kanoa's really highlighted how safe and boring Kanoa surfed. Watching that I was thinking, "How the hell did this guy finish in the top 5 last year?" His surfing looked slow by comparison.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
§§§§±±±±±±±±±±±§§C±sss±s±s±s±s±s±±±±sassaaaaaaa§as
Watching Joao's heat overlapping with Kanoa's really highlighted how safe and boring Kanoa surfed. Watching that I was thinking, "How the hell did this guy finish in the top 5 last year?" His surfing looked slow by comparison.
How could he not finish in the top 5 when he plays the corporate card so hard and just as well?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Apparently not pumping between turns is all you need to be a top 5. Leonardo is fucked.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Thanks vanrysss and youcantbeserious. I'm surprised actually.

Fri 2/17: The contest is ON! 8am HST start.

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Chloe-he is so easy to dislike. 100th CT event and no wins. Mike Parsons telling everyone that "Kolohe makes NBA money." The Domino's delivery commercial with the Morgan Freeman voice over where he apparently orders a pizza from a Teahupo'o pit; more than likely the only reason he surfed that spot was the commercial. Him bailing out of Fiji the second he lost his heat because he knew the Code Red swell was forecast to hit the following day. I think I read he was spotted surfing HB Southside while everyone else was getting the barrels of their lives. He grew up the entitled kid of a professional surfer and was handed the keys to the kingdom without ever having to earn a thing. He has had other people holding his hand and has never been forced to be an adult and grow up. Add to that the fact that he is not real approachable or engaging when interviewed. He actually kinda comes across as an asshat. Then we get these embarrassing tantrums... But I digress.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Anybody see the Baker Igarashi heat? So lame the judges cower to a buzzer beater score when Igarashi did 2 safety turns and a floater.
Igarashi always get's overscored for his safety swoops. I thought for sure they were going to give him the score at the end of the heat against Matt Mcgillicuddy as well but I guess there is still somewhat of a limit to their depravity.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Lol yeah, the guys scored yesterday. Some insane barrels.
Was good. Today not so much.

Question for you and ycbs - how many people would have been on it with yesterday's conditions? What would you ride?