*** Official Hurley Pro Sunset Beach Contest Thread ***

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Is the box full of flowers? :shrug::nana:
He was so bummed. He had just been eliminated by Medina in Lowers. I off course didn't watch a single heat, was surfing all morning. Turns out he was staying at the same hotel I was (comfort inn... sucks but you walk down to trestles). Alone, no entourage, just doing his thing. Quite a gent to take a picture with a brazzo after being eliminated by one.

Reactions: Joshua2415

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Well that sucked.

Did you notice Megan said John was dealing with an illness?Or was it Laura? That just feeds into the World Shame League conspiracy that John is the chosen one. (Although all the champs since 2018 have been Brazilian) John fell Nat didn’t. Good for Nat.

Go Seth!!!

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Anybody see the Baker Igarashi heat? So lame the judges cower to a buzzer beater score when Igarashi did 2 safety turns and a floater.

Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Yes. Nat beat John. Despite being an inferior surfer in every possible way.

pro surfing is LAME
FAUXED.

Imagine participating in a golf tournament where each player gets to tee off wherever they choose, play whatever hole they wish and have the holes be different sizes for each golfer.

Or the NBA where the basket is a different height, it moves and changes sizes throughout the game.

How about the NFL, with a football that changes size and weight, then the 1st down marker is 5 yards for some, 10 for others, 15 for the rest.

:shrug::socrazy:

Spectators of course would need the appropriate dose of hallucinogenic triptomenes to assist in keeping up with the games.

Judges get to get baked and opine as they see fit.

Commentators? Don't even get me started.

Reactions: menobrah

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
FAUXED.

Imagine participating in a golf tournament where each player gets to tee off wherever they choose, play whatever hole they wish and have the holes be different sizes for each golfer.

Or the NBA where the basket is a different height, it moves and changes sizes throughout the game.

How about the NFL, with a football that changes size and weight, then the 1st down marker is 5 yards for some, 10 for others, 15 for the rest.

:shrug::socrazy:

Spectators of course would need the appropriate dose of hallucinogenic triptomenes to assist in keeping up with the games.

Judges get to get baked and opine as they see fit.

Commentators? Don't even get me started.
Another clear reminder that surfing isnt a sport....

Reactions: Woke AF