*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
That's so fvcked up.

Makes me want to send an Ebola-to-go package to the fvcking Chinese government.

The Chinese are going to have to be dealt with, one way or another. One way is to spend more money on products that don't come from that country, and wreck them. They so deserve to be wrecked its unbelievable. Let them eat each other, because they will.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Holy sh*t, now I’m starting to think that the movie idiocracy is really happening
Word will spread about Gatorade, and it won’t be long until it gets blown way out of proportion and we stop drinking water, or even stop watering with water
I’m lmfao
Hope you’re feeling better GWS
cowabunga
rg
Water? You mean, like, from the toilet?

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
The Chinese are going to have to be dealt with, one way or another. One way is to spend more money on products that don't come from that country, and wreck them. They so deserve to be wrecked its unbelievable. Let them eat each other, because they will.
While smoking a cig!

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Who else is using this time in isolation as the ideal time to get that beard you always wanted to try out, but you never quite managed to push past the awkward stage?
Actually, I just shaved it off. I mean, I am a recent transplant to OR. Too bad I lost my trucker hat and Sprinter at the Bend city limits.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Take the following with a grain of salt. It is not scientific blah blah blah. My Doc told me his study partner from med school is in the middle of the hell in New Orleans. He said many of the people that are making it are drinking massive amounts of Gatorade. Take it or leave it. I know nothing.

1 Gallon of water, two or three pinches of salt, teaspoon of sugar, two lemons = homemade Mr Doof-aid

2 Pickle juice

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
Truth, you following Pompeo's advice for all Americans to get back home? There are so many stories of different nationals getting trapped in various foreign locales. This one of course is nicely ironic:

On the home front, America is preparing Mexico to become the new (original) US -> China offshoring location. Like clearing a tear down to prep for new construction, or when Michael "took care of family business" in GFII, now is the time - under cover of emergency - to wipe out the cartel social/cultural/economic infrastructure.

Once cartel gov't influence/protection is forcibly removed, then MX will be ready to receive literally $multi-trillions in global foreign capital investment. In the US alone, Trump has $2.2T CV direct spending authority, another $4T available via Fed window, and now another proposed $2T for infrastructure.

$8T+- of new money with a guy who intends on spending it means a few things. One, massive re-pricing inflation - if you don't currently own real property, you may want to get in before it's too late. Two, the kids coming out in the next graduating classes will be stepping into an economy that will put the post-war 50s to shame.

I'm predicting by Easter everyone will know that CV is going to come in under 100k total deaths. That's when the emergency order gets amended, and the long recovery party begins in earnest.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Once cartel gov't influence/protection is forcibly removed,
This has me worried. We're not capable of this. We lose fourth generation wars and have been since 1945.

$8T+- of new money with a guy who intends on spending it means a few things. One, massive re-pricing inflation - if you don't currently own real property, you may want to get in before it's too late. Two, the kids coming out in the next graduating classes will be stepping into an economy that will put the post-war 50s to shame.
Do you include securities (stocks/bonds) in this? If you had a chunk of change, would you buy more real estate given CA's laws favorign renters, pay down a mortgage to be free and clear, or invest in the stock market (VTSMX)?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Take the following with a grain of salt. It is not scientific blah blah blah. My Doc told me his study partner from med school is in the middle of the hell in New Orleans. He said many of the people that are making it are drinking massive amounts of Gatorade. Take it or leave it. I know nothing.
Gatorade might have some chloroquine in it

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Looks like its not over with yet in China.

A new area is going under lockdown outside of Wuhan. The Chicoms pulled the quarantine too early and its back out of the box.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
There's been a shortage of Pork in China for a while now due to a swine flu outbreak. Australia has been sending a lot of Pork to China which has in turn pushed the prices up in Australia.
Now the demand is so high in Australia for meat the Chinese will have to look for alternative pork suppliers.

" Mumma I've never seen a pig with a Yin/Yang tattoo on it before."
"Shut up and eat your pork rind, Ho Lee Fukk!"

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
There's been a shortage of Pork in China for a while now due to a swine flu outbreak. Australia has been sending a lot of Pork to China which has in turn pushed the prices up in Australia.
Now the demand is so high in Australia for meat the Chinese will have to look for alternative pork suppliers.

" Mumma I've never seen a pig with a Yin/Yang tattoo on it before."
"Shut up and eat your pork rind, Ho Lee Fukk!"
Cheaper than cremating....

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink