*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Fucking delusion conspiracy theorist assholes. And this fucker allowed to drive train!

In a second interview with FBI agents, Moreno stated that “he did it out of the desire to ‘wake people up,’” according to the affidavit. “Moreno stated that he thought that the U.S.N.S. Mercy was suspicious and did not believe ‘the ship is what they say it’s for.’”

Last edited:

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Fucking delusion conspiracy theorist assholes. And this fucker allowed to drive train!

In a second interview with FBI agents, Moreno stated that “he did it out of the desire to ‘wake people up,’” according to the affidavit. “Moreno stated that he thought that the U.S.N.S. Mercy was suspicious and did not believe ‘the ship is what they say it’s for.’”

F’n Dodger fan of course.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
this guy was in the documentary series Pandemic
Don't know how much of this is real or pumping his company
He's supposed to be brilliant

On another note what happened to that muslim lady doctor that was running the NYC pandemic oversight, did she lose her job before this hit? I haven't seen her in the news. Also that blond hippie looking older scientist what happened to him? I saw him interviewed early on but not since.

On a sad note Fauci is getting death threats. Pretty sad state of the world what they hell is the matter with people?
mass access to the internet and the ding cord ruined everything

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

on the other hand a vaccine may be just a panacea

" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Reactions: Autoprax

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Sailing would be a great way to social distance.

And just because- (not your grand pa's sailboat). Monohulls. No more rigid wing sail. I'm thinking they want the "twist" back. And that weird detached jib. No ballast. Looks like they go fast.
I love it. Why do they want the twist back? Improved slotting effect between the jib and main? Is this a Larry Ellison-sponsored design? Does this foiling monohull tack quicker (2:30) than the multi-hulls? I imagine it would. . I can't wait to see this in a production boat. Right now, you can get a catamaran foiler that's supposedly easy to sail and much cheaper than the Moth:

I'm thinking of putting my dinghy in the water but not sure if any of the saltwater boat ramps are open in SD county.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Sailing would be a great way to social distance.

And just because- (not your grand pa's sailboat). Monohulls. No more rigid wing sail. I'm thinking they want the "twist" back. And that weird detached jib. No ballast. Looks like they go fast.
Oh. My. God. I want to sail that boat!!!!! Seriously got goosebumps just watching her go.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

But, but conspiracy theories are soo harmless.

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
this guy was in the documentary series Pandemic
Don't know how much of this is real or pumping his company
He's supposed to be brilliant

On another note what happened to that muslim lady doctor that was running the NYC pandemic oversight, did she lose her job before this hit? I haven't seen her in the news. Also that blond hippie looking older scientist what happened to him? I saw him interviewed early on but not since.

On a sad note Fauci is getting death threats. Pretty sad state of the world what they hell is the matter with people?
mass access to the internet and the ding cord ruined everything

on the other hand a vaccine may be just a panacea

There's a treatment for children who are at high risk if they contract RSV, that works just like this. You find a neutralizing antibody, then "humanize" it.

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
I love that they can tack and stay on foil. The future is fucking rad.
The possibilities are mind boggling. I get that weight constraints are clearly an issue, but think of the possibilities for reducing carbon emissions in the transportation/shipping industries if you could build larger vessels and have them foil products to various ports around the country?

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
The possibilities are mind boggling. I get that weight constraints are clearly an issue, but think of the possibilities for reducing carbon emissions in the transportation/shipping industries if you could build larger vessels and have them foil products to various ports around the country?
Right? I was hoping my daughter would become a naval architect and work on wind powered shipping. Seems like a valid idea for the future.

Reactions: crustBrother

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Right? I was hoping my daughter would become a naval architect and work on wind powered shipping. Seems like a valid idea for the future.
The future, the past... things change but they stay the same.

Took this picture driving back home through Kansas after the corporate travel ban came down... Thought it was an interesting contrast between old and new wind power.

wind.old.new.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr J and One-Off