*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca

Remember this? Pfizer is pursuing the "bury them in documents" strategy, like the Sacklers.
Any day now… :roflmao:

The FDA estimates the risk of developing a clot for a woman on the pill is about 0.3% to 0.09%. By comparison, the clots associated with the J&J vaccine are six in 6.8 million, or about 0.00009%

Reactions: afoaf

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Got a tl/dr?
The wicked go to Hell and it is an eternal, fiery torment, as Jesus explains in Luke 16
19 “Now there was a rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, enjoying himself in splendor every day. 20 And a poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores, 21 and longing to be fed from the scraps which fell from the rich man’s table; not only that, the dogs also were coming and licking his sores. 22 Now it happened that the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham’s arms; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23 And in Hades he raised his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his arms. 24 And he cried out and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus, so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set, so that those who want to go over from here to you will not be able, nor will any people cross over from there to us.’ 27 And he said, ‘Then I request of you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— 28 for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not come to this place of torment as well.’ 29 But Abraham *said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I'll bet Putin won't nuke Ukraine

none of these Putin toadies seem to want to put skin in the game

typical
bro, who gonna bet on Putin pushing the button?

winning that bet would is the epitome of pyrrhic victory

you get to say "i told you so" while spitting out the teeth that are falling out of your head from radiation poisoning

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

you get to say "i told you so" while spitting out the teeth that are falling out of your head from radiation poisoning

Winner has to ride his bike through Mad Max road gangs to drop off 10 Beef Stroganoff MREs :unsure: :drowning:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Someone who thinks Putin won't or someone who thinks Putin will.

I think I will win....Putin won't launch.

That is not a pyrrhic victory.

Oh wait, you mean the other guy wins the bet and Putin launches nuclear weapon(s).

So if Putin does launch tactical nuke, and world doesn't spiral into doom, then they win and they can collect, and in this limited scenario, not a pyrrhic victory.

And if Putin launches/fires nukes and the world responds in kind, yeah. going to be tough to pay up.

But all of this is grist for a high-stakes bet, that is all. I figure for these kinds of bets, the main point is to stand up for your argument, not really to collect from fellow surfers on an internet BB.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

that sounds like some sh!t someone too afraid to bet would say....

• Haha
Reactions: crustBrother

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
1666311499371.jpg
Oh no
I just got this alert
I’m planning to get on a plane on Saturday
Should I not go on my family vacation?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
So the company I work for took everyone to Italy for 10 days, 16 people. Four got COVID while in Italy and had to stay behind in Olbia, Sardinia, the poor dears, while the rest of us went south to Cagliari. Of the four who tested positive, one of them, a 72 yr old (who had both boosters), was just fine, the younger ones (one and no boosters) were pretty sick. We started testing daily. I have to admit that part of me wished I tested positive just to be able to chill at the beach in Olbia for 5 days.

One of us had COVID the week before we went, and she tested positive again a week after returning.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So the company I work for took everyone to Italy for 10 days, 16 people. Four got COVID while in Italy and had to stay behind in Olbia, Sardinia, the poor dears, while the rest of us went south to Cagliari. Of the four who tested positive, one of them, a 72 yr old (who had both boosters), was just fine, the younger ones (one and no boosters) were pretty sick. We started testing daily. I have to admit that part of me wished I tested positive just to be able to chill at the beach in Olbia for 5 days.

One of us had COVID the week before we went, and she tested positive again a week after returning.
Um, excuse me . . . . You just going to casually drop that you went to Sardinia and not give us anything else?
1666325412533.png