*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
400 deaths a day in the U.S. (on the low end) from a single, brand new, unforeseen cause, is MASSIVE deal. How does anyone not see this?
And it's not not like suicide or a car crash where the people are dead.

It takes a lot of resources to manage the death.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
You don't need ER for broken arm. For as great as this country is, we sure aren't good at thinking outside the box.

People out of work? Sign up for the USA COVID CORE Recovery group. You will have the opportunity to travel to the desert where it is hot and dry to build temp hospitals. Once hosptials are built, you can stay hired on for logistical support.

Airlines shutdown? How about they get tasked with flying the sick out to said temp hospitals. Same for bus companies and even UBEr and Lyft drivers can get in on this.

Any COVID patients in dire circumstances get flown or bussed to said temp hospitals freeing up the hospitals for what they were intended for.

This leaves a healthy workforce to keep doing what needs to be done to run the country.

Now, the people scared to go to work or out in the community for fear of getting sick can sign up for the new delivery service. This certified delivery service provides gorceries, meds, or any other necessities. They get delivered by a driver in full PPE and all goods get run through a UV light for disinfection.

This delivery service also provides jobs.

More thinking like this and less OMG people are dropping like flies and the economy is in the toilet.
I would think we would need some kind of central government to organize and oversee this type of operation. Instead of healthcare patchwork and private, ngo, regional governments acting on their own.
Also a leader who communicated clearly: the plan, expectations, responsibilities
hmmmm

Reactions: tacos and encladd

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You don't need ER for broken arm. For as great as this country is, we sure aren't good at thinking outside the box.

People out of work? Sign up for the USA COVID CORE Recovery group. You will have the opportunity to travel to the desert where it is hot and dry to build temp hospitals. Once hosptials are built, you can stay hired on for logistical support.

Airlines shutdown? How about they get tasked with flying the sick out to said temp hospitals. Same for bus companies and even UBEr and Lyft drivers can get in on this.

Any COVID patients in dire circumstances get flown or bussed to said temp hospitals freeing up the hospitals for what they were intended for.

This leaves a healthy workforce to keep doing what needs to be done to run the country.

Now, the people scared to go to work or out in the community for fear of getting sick can sign up for the new delivery service. This certified delivery service provides gorceries, meds, or any other necessities. They get delivered by a driver in full PPE and all goods get run through a UV light for disinfection.

More thinking like this and less OMG people are dropping like flies and the economy is in the toilet.
The FEDs can't even meet the needs for masks or testing.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I would think we would need some kind of central government to organize and oversee this type of operation. Instead of healthcare patchwork and private, ngo, regional governments acting on their own.
Also a leader who communicated clearly: the plan, expectations, responsibilities
hmmmm
I think it's better to leave it to the states so they can fight over the resources.

Survival of the fittest.

It's not like the virus can cross state lines.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Take the following with a grain of salt. It is not scientific blah blah blah. My Doc told me his study partner from med school is in the middle of the hell in New Orleans. He said many of the people that are making it are drinking massive amounts of Gatorade. Take it or leave it. I know nothing.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
staying hydrated is paramount. Working from home I often forget to drink any water at all... trying to remember to fill a big bottle in the morning and leave it by my workdesk.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Who else is using this time in isolation as the ideal time to get that beard you always wanted to try out, but you never quite managed to push past the awkward stage?
me, growing since march 12th. even some of my more stubborn cheek patches are starting to come in lol

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Take the following with a grain of salt. It is not scientific blah blah blah. My Doc told me his study partner from med school is in the middle of the hell in New Orleans. He said many of the people that are making it are drinking massive amounts of Gatorade. Take it or leave it. I know nothing.
Great news!! I bought a couple of powdered Gatorade jars about 5-6 weeks back while I was prepping. Can’t WAIT to try it out, lol!

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
hmmm,
I would like to request the erbb oversight committee check to see if __________ has made any large investments in gatoade stocks lately. Might as well check salt stocks while you are at it.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Did you do a sanity check on this graph? Only 4102 people have died in the US of COVID since we began really tracking it a month ago. This plot only makes sense if you're averaging the daily death rate over the past week or maybe the past few days. The other data is averaged over 52 weeks.

Way to go. Our nation's math crisis is quite severe.
My sole purpose is to rile you guys up!
I Win!! Yay!

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Holy sh*t, now I’m starting to think that the movie idiocracy is really happening
Word will spread about Gatorade, and it won’t be long until it gets blown way out of proportion and we stop drinking water, or even stop watering with water
I’m lmfao
Hope you’re feeling better GWS
cowabunga
rg

• Haha
Reactions: rts265 and Autoprax

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004

We're already on top of it here
The state has created a Sanitizer Hui with distillers and others to produce free FDA approved hand sanitizer for health workers. And Hawaiian Air is offering free inter island flights for health professionals who have to help out on other islands than where they live.
most stores, banks etc etc have implemented "kupuna hours" where the elderly and at risk can exist in a protected time frame.

meanwhile the crazy tourists run rampant on the beaches, 3 homeless showed up with no place to go, on kauai a popolo tourist from florida got arrested in hanalei (he was staying in kapaa) for not honoring the 14 day quarantine and hpd is giving out tickets to all the crazy speeders.
Locals are getting upset at the tourists just like how what other states are doing to New York and Washington travelers. Inter island travelers now have to quarantine in place after landing. The vector has always been returning resident and tourists.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
My tenant downstairs is a doc and said it’s bad, like a war zone bad. Body bags in the halls.

A local contractor I know just set up three refrigerated trailers for bodies by the loading docks of a hospital.

• Dislike
Reactions: JBerry

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
My tenant downstairs is a doc and said it’s bad, like a war zone bad. Body bags in the halls.

A local contractor I know just set up three refrigerated trailers for bodies by the loading docks of a hospital.
The widely reported stacking up of bodies, mostly through eye catching headlines and pictures without context, had already been attributed to the inability to remove bodies by the usual method due to movement restrictions. In->out has become in->? Because families cannot pick up bodies and continue the regular process.