Official Bird & Nature Post

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Here are a couple of photos taken Monday down near Cobble Hill, south of where I live.
Not often you see a Cougar in the wild, let alone have one make a kill basically in your backyard.

Photos were taken from indoors and the Cougar wasn't disturbed at all.

The unnerving part is that this happened very close to a well-used local hiking trail frequented by numerous locals, many walking their dogs. Factor in that Cougars can be territorial and you have some potential for conflict there.

Sadly, another Cougar was shot just a couple of days ago down near Sooke.

Lots of them on Vancouver Island.

CougarDeerNeckBite.jpg

CougarStandingOverDeer.jpg

Take care.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
"Our" hawk got a pigeon and was chomping it on the fence when the neighbor came out an shooed it off. (Why? It was already dead. Yes, it can be unsightly to view, so just look away and let nature run its course.)

Now there is a dead, open chest cavity pigeon on the fence.

I guess I could take of photo of that but it would be a little ghoulish.....

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
"Our" hawk got a pigeon and was chomping it on the fence when the neighbor came out an shooed it off. (Why? It was already dead. Yes, it can be unsightly to view, so just look away and let nature run its course.)

We'll take your word for it but post pics of the three goat's skulls you have symbolically pointed, like a French fart, in your neighbor's general direction. Just to doublecheck this here Feng Shui.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com

Parking lot pigeon I got at Smart and Final the other day. :)

Reactions: Hump and Joshua2415

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
One more death photo dug up from the archives. We found this white pelican near the spiral jetty at Salt Lake...that's all salt encrusted on its chest.