Official Bird & Nature Post

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I stopped at the Barnegat Lighthouse at lunch time today and I was checking out the Lighthouse Keeper statue when one coast guard boat came in towing another coast guard boat alongside. Quick rush to get my phone out and grabbed this shot. I'm really impressed with this one. This is completely unedited exactly as it came off of my iPhone 8.

Looks like a gorgeous day whereever that is.

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
I climbed Barnegat Lighthouse 12 + years ago when I was in LBI with my family...all 217 steps (I think that's how many steps it was. The magnet on my fridge says so) Great view from up there!

It was a beautiful day then also.

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Although I missed it, there was a neat event just south of where I live today insofar as the Herring are spawning along some of the beaches and a pack of Sealions were feeding on them when a pod of Transient Orcas showed up and started chasing the Sealions. Found a pic of an Orca close to a Sealion but that's all I've got right now. Crazy windy day here today as the water shows.
OrcaSealion.jpg

Take care.

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
So the Orcas headed north today from where they had been yesterday and passed right out in front of where I live.
Here's Mother Nature's version of a twin-fin, two males hanging together. Quadra Island as background.
OrcaTwinFin.jpg

Here's a big bull by himself. He was ahead of the rest of the family, heading into a flood tide.

OrcaNorthboundBull.jpg

Lots of activity the past couple of days and still Herring and Sealions just south of town too.

Take care.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Last edited:
Reactions: ghostshaper