Official Bird & Nature Post

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island

Checking this out.

Look at similar photos after clicking on the link.

Take care.

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017

scroll down for goofy lookin’ bird pics... :)

i wasn’t there...
A few years back a buddy and I were camping out on the East Coast of Florida and a Snowy Owl was on the beach. Never expected to see one of those that far south.

Reactions: keenfish

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
"I always feel like somebody's watching me..." Cooper's hawk in the backyard at lunch.

Here is the Coopers Hawk that takes birds off of my back yard bird feeder occasionally.

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

c3.JPG

This pissed off juvenile had apparently missed out on a meal from my bird feeder. I got these shots with a 100-400mm lens through a window and screen at about 15 feet.

c4.JPG

77.JPG

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
"jodidamente indignante" :)
Not in la costa grande de Guerrero. :shameonyou:

The kids did a lmfao at that though.

The area is well known for “modismos mal hablados”

I told the kids “hijo de su reputisma madre qué chingon se aventó el animal.”

Oh, ok dad.

It’s the season change now which means the water will be cooling off for the beginning of the southern swell upwelling, late February through the start of the rainy season is prime time for surf.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Hardly ever see a good crowd of Bats these days.

View attachment 104203

Take care.
I took this photo of Flying Foxes in Sydney's botanical gardens near an educational sign identifying the critters, their diet and habits:

As Sweetie-pie and I were walking away, heard a woman with a Texas accent say, "They have foxes that fly?"

I look back and she is looking at the educational sign and wondered if she somehow missed the whole 'bat" part.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Walking the dog to the park the other morning. This owl was sitting on the fence surrounded by onlookers. Somebody said he was hurt so a woman tried to sneak up on him and throw a blanket over him.

The owl rotates his head as the woman slowly approaches and lets out a piercing screech and take-off. Four ravens stationed nearby swoop down and dive bomb it as he tries to escape. Helpful people:trout:

IMG_1471.jpeg.