*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
yesterday had my spot all alone
love this time o year
not perfect, but the good ones offered speed, lips to hit, cutback sections
dwart performing well
a girl paddled out alone and didnt ruin anything, right at the end

all alone today. was like yesterday but better, even made a few tubes, working on tighter off the lips in the pocket
dwart is obeying. sure can go fast on a fast wave too. when i was leaving 5 dorks were marching in the direction of my peak.
i hope they went elsewhere. i dont wanna see em back again every day with friends for the next 3 months

been pretty stocked on surfing this week. after that shitty winter, i need this

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Waist to chest with a few overhead sets sneaking through on occasion, punchy semi combo, bigger ones had a lot of S influence. Still getting the weekend warrior ring rust off. Made a couple critical late drops and the new 6-2 basalt twinzer is feeling awesome under foot. :jamon:

Last edited:

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
what's up doc? what'd you do?
pinched nerve @neck has fukkered left shoulder and arm. one of the more painful and def most frustrating injuries ive endured and ive had my share of them.

worst part other than every thing is there is no clear recovery timeline or rehab. basically you just have to wait for the nerve bundle to settle down and then see whats left to work with.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Been going through some issues lately with a new experience of losing strength in my left arm. What a trip. MRI scheduled, prednisone helped but it’s not 100 percent.

so weird to have no pain but I’m a few cases I’d go to push up on a wave and I’d just fall off the side. Crazy.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
all alone but it wasnt workin right
got 2 good waves i wish i had on film, and a few good other sections but mostly frustration
at least i came out of that tube for my last wave

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Waist to shoulder high A frame combo. Waited A little for the tide to start back up, but probably didn't need to, the combo was working making rippable bowls. Changed canards shifting forward, which I've come to prefer. Amazing drive out of bottom turns with quick release off the top such a fun board to ride. Stoked to be back in the water getting good waves.

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Got back home late last night from a week in the Popoyo area. Was pretty maxed out Tuesday and Wednesday but totally doable on all but the few biggest sets, otherwise waves were really fun in the chest to nicely overhead range. Rode a 6'0" swallow tail Xanadu Viper the whole time. Nice to get back to riding a proper thruster for a full week.
Made the drive this morning for some fun waist-chest hollow little sandbar waves.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Me, after "surfing" Saturday

Times like that when you're guaranteed someone else saw WTF you were doing. I looked like a baby giraffe, on rollerblades on ice.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Only two others out a popular reef- tells you how mediocre the surf was. WH onshore lumps peaks. Not much to get excited about but enough push to think the next one might be decent (it wasn’t). Mostly one turn/slash and out a couple floaters. At least I got a bunch of waves.
dusted off the Gremlin XL swallowtail and found some reactor quads to put in. This boar is always fun. It’s kind of an ol’ reliable junky wave boar. But every time I surf it I think I could ride this a lot / most of the days around here.

Last edited: