MLB Official thread 2020

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Only professional sports I can stomach watching are the ones where they aren't paid ridiculous amounts of $$$ to whine, cheat, strut around like overly important children. Baseball, basketball, and football come to mind, haven't watched a game in years.

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Only professional sports I can stomach watching are the ones where they aren't paid ridiculous amounts of $$$ to whine, cheat, strut around like overly important children. Baseball, basketball, and football come to mind, haven't watched a game in years.
[/QUOTE
So you don’t watch pro sports?

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Yeah, those guys lives suck

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
they shoudl have thrown at that first pitch bunt attempt in the 4th(?) inning? meyers? 0-0 game? second pitch should have been a blow back to let him know he isn't going to get away with a chump chip

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
The Pads are making moves as if they are finally serious and trying to relive the Kevin Brown era. This may be the year they get a chance to blow it again...
Ya know...if I lived down there and the world hadn't gone to hell, I wouldn't hesitate to get season tix for thsoe guys in 2021

Reactions: npsp

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
No kidding and the Gas Lamp would've done record business. Typical Padres luck.....
Yep - as a former Angels season seat holder .... Mrs. Flyinraptr and i would every year - spend a weekend in the Gas Lamp - catch a couple Padres games. One such weekend - was the year after the Angels traded David Eckstein to the Cardinals - we were big Eckstein fans - the Cardinals were in town - i got seats right behind third base. Somewhere between the 7th - 8th innings - Mrs. Flyinraptr got up to get another round beers if i remember correctly. While she was waiting - one of the Padre stadium workers parked a pull cart directly behind her .... when she got her order and turned around tripped over the cart and injured her ankle and wrist. I was still in my seat - a stadium worker came to my seat and told me that my wife and been injured and taken to the medical center within the stadium. When i got there - Mrs. Flyinraptr was bandaged up but otherwise ok - could not walk ... so the Padre official told me that they would transport us to our hotel. I told him we had been planning on going out to dinner after the game - they told us they would take us to the restaurant. So they loaded Mrs. Flyinraptr into a wheel chair - the game was now in the 9th inning - and wheeled her out of the stadium - told them we wanted to go to Dick's Last Resort - which if i remember correctly was a couple blocks away. They wheeled her with me in tow - all the way to the entrance of Dick's Last Resort - where the girl manning the entrance - promptly said to Mrs. Flyinraptr - "Well - what can we do for you tonight, princess?". Weekends in the Gas Lamp - great fun - great memories.

Reactions: npsp and Subway

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I still havent been to dicks!

Every memory of petco has been a great one. absoltley frickin awesome. tailgating..to tailgate fights..to food to beer...the setting...a one eye'd cholo (must have been a dodgers primo! challenging people to blows on field level because the relief pitcher needed "quietness!!!!!!!"....fuggggggg good stuff.

Reactions: npsp and flyinraptr