MLB Official thread 2020

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
dude...hate the name and the guy is probablya dbag...but man...jomboy commentary is COMEDY! my brother is devout. i cant help from laughign at that fool.

and WTF? first fool? a fastball down the middle is closer to the head than the pitch he threw!!!!!! fuggign mlb is douche central x1000 about crying

correa? ofspead? shut up and go home and no cries

Reactions: Kento and laidback

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
The Giants got real lucky finding Mike Yazstremski. 2 splash shots yesterday including a walk off. Showing shades of his pops Carl.

Reactions: potato-nator

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
All you guys stocked on Kelly are forgetting he was on the 2018 Red Sox team that cheated as well. How that was swept under the rug gives credence to the MLB’s love of them and the Yankees. East coast bias is real.

Reactions: $kully and ThaDood

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Feel free to search my posts (even in this thread), I have no problem with sign stealing. It's been part of the game since the dawn of time. MY ethics are few. Never had a problem with the stros, nor the sox doing so. show me a team that isn't makingefforts. I have no east coast bias.

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Feel free to search my posts (even in this thread), I have no problem with sign stealing. It's been part of the game since the dawn of time. MY ethics are few. Never had a problem with the stros, nor the sox doing so. show me a team that isn't makingefforts. I have no east coast bias.
Not you or other fans. I’m talking the league honchos and media.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
It is my understanding, from what I read, that The Red Sox were trying to steal signs but weren't banging on trash cans or using body buzzers. If Dodgers want to be pissed at Joe Kelly it should be for how many Dodgers he struck out during the WS.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That's so stupid. 8 games for talking sh!t. Weak.
Manfred fueling the Astro hate even further with this suspension.
I could see a fan of any team (but Astros) firing a fastball at Manfred's head next time he steps outside his house or car.

20W50's been distance paddling, got those shoulders all warmed up and sh*t. Get him 5 Steel Reserve tallboys and send him out there. :jamon:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah, I was thinking towards the end of the season, if my team was mathematically out of the playoffs, I'd sign some guys who throw 100 mph to a 10 day contract. Go out there and peg the astros then get suspended - who cares. I wouldn't go for the head though, I'd try to get in/around their wrists/arms to get them hurt before the playoffs. But if you can throw 100 with that type of accuracy then you'd already be on a roster - so most likely it's going to be a hand cannon with no aim Rick Vaughn style.

Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yeah, I was thinking towards the end of the season, if my team was mathematically out of the playoffs, I'd sign some guys who throw 100 mph to a 10 day contract. Go out there and peg the astros then get suspended - who cares. I wouldn't go for the head though, I'd try to get in/around their wrists/arms to get them hurt before the playoffs. But if you can throw 100 with that type of accuracy then you'd already be on a roster - so most likely it's going to be a hand cannon with no aim Rick Vaughn style.
Don't forget the option of a pinch runner spearing a fielder in the back with his batting helmet.

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
It is my understanding, from what I read, that The Red Sox were trying to steal signs but weren't banging on trash cans or using body buzzers. If Dodgers want to be pissed at Joe Kelly it should be for how many Dodgers he struck out during the WS.
They had a guy in the video replay room analyzing tapes. Real time sign stealing is part of the game. What the Red Sox were up to was somewhat egregious.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
I can't figure why football overshadowed baseball in popularity. Baseball is a perfect reflection of the USA's unlikely survival to this point. In what other sport can a team be down 10-0 going into the bottom of the 9th and still pull it out?