MLB Official thread 2020

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I still havent been to dicks!

Every memory of petco has been a great one. absoltley frickin awesome. tailgating..to tailgate fights..to food to beer...the setting...a one eye'd cholo (must have been a dodgers primo! challenging people to blows on field level because the relief pitcher needed "quietness!!!!!!!"....fuggggggg good stuff.
Dick's Last Resort and Whiskey Girl (before they changed locations) were two of our favorite places to hang. Whiskey Girl - had this long bar with a row of TV's behind it - and would have multiple MLB games on - great place pre-game. There was another - Mexican place - Rockin Baja .... i think was the name .... great food and great Margys.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Dick's Last Resort and Whiskey Girl (before they changed locations) were two of our favorite places to hang. Whiskey Girl - had this long bar with a row of TV's behind it - and would have multiple MLB games on - great place pre-game. There was another - Mexican place - Rockin Baja .... i think was the name .... great food and great Margys.
20W you'd love Dick's. I think they still have tall cans of King Cobra on the beer menu. They may even have had a malt liquor section on the menu.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
One of the best places to go to a ball game.
Without a doubt - Mrs. Flyinraptr and i would occasionally take a road trip every summer to see the Angels play in other cities ... New York - old Yankee stadium, Wrigley, Seattle, Oakland, Houston, Phoenix - New York and Wrigley were very cool but for atmosphere and tailgating options within easy walking distance to the ballpark - Gas Lamp - Petco ... was hands down the best. Of course - our team the Angels - Anaheim Stadium is the absolute worst - right along with Dodger stadium.

Reactions: npsp

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha Angels stadium is in the middle of a suburb.

SF is kinda cool, cause it's in the city, but it's in the most boring part of the city.
I did enjoy some IPA's in the sun at 21st Amendment with @Mr Doof and @the janitor on the way to a Giants day game.

Reactions: flyinraptr

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
Haha Angels stadium is in the middle of a suburb.

SF is kinda cool, cause it's in the city, but it's in the most boring part of the city.
I did enjoy some IPA's in the sun at 21st Amendment with @Mr Doof and @the janitor on the way to a Giants day game.
Angels stadium is in the middle of a giant parking lot - LOL - practically have to drive to get to the nearest bar. SF - is one ballpark haven't had a chance but definitely would like to check it out ..... Seattle is cool - similar to Gas Lamp - but the bars, restaurants are not as close proximity to the ballpark as the Gas Lamp.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Angels stadium is in the middle of a giant parking lot - LOL - practically have to drive to get to the nearest bar. SF - is one ballpark haven't had a chance but definitely would like to check it out ..... Seattle is cool - similar to Gas Lamp - but the bars, restaurants are not as close proximity to the ballpark as the Gas Lamp.
I have walked from Mariners stadium back to the city, it is not close.

Reactions: flyinraptr

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Aroldis Chapman and Aaron Boone just got suspended 4 games for not even hitting a batter. Thats four more games than any Astro batter got for cheating their way to a World Series. Nice work Manfred. Continue to pussify the game.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Aroldis Chapman and Aaron Boone just got suspended 4 games for not even hitting a batter. Thats four more games than any Astro batter got for cheating their way to a World Series. Nice work Manfred. Continue to pussify the game.
I still maintain that MLB would not know WHAT to do if a pinch-runner speared an Astros fielder in the back with a weighted batting helmet.

Should have just made things easier in long run by blacklisting the franchise and all players/personnel involved for life. Give the city the same asterisk Bonds has.

Reactions: laidback and $kully

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah that was some major bullshit that the league should overturn on appeal immediately. tight Game in a pennant race and he’s closing it out with the tying run at the plate? No way he’s throwing at him let alone head hunting. It’s 2020. Pro athletes brains and bodies are misfiring all over the place just like the rest of us. Gimme a break.

inlandLocal

Nep status
Jul 8, 2008
Looks like Dodger's have slightly woken up. Hopefully Buehler can go at least 5 in. today with minimal damage and they can take it to a game 7. Eventually meet the Astros in the WS??