MLB Official thread 2020

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Ok, maybe we cheated in the world series ...

Do you want mookie betts?

Mookie Betts is a heck of a player. But he's a rental. He's pretty much guaranteed to test free-agency. This is Friedman's hail mary to win it all in 2020. He's banking on Mookie setting the world on fire with a contract year. Batting in a lineup with Cody Bellinger that's a strong possibility. But they made that same bet with the Manny Machado rental and he whiffed.

Reactions: Ifallalot

YeahNo

OTF status
Jan 20, 2017
Kelly's Cove
The Giants won't be making much noise....so the tickets will hopefully be cheap again. If so, might go see one or two games (we try to support Japanese Night and Autism Night). At least the park has good food, so there's that.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
not feeling it. he might bring some electricity action...but we lost joc and verdugo? combien those two and there's more bat production than this guy is gonna deliver. hell....verdugo could easily turn out on the exact par as betts

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The consistently underachieving Angels all of a sudden have a very good team this year.

Not sure I would say very good but def improved.

The team that's going to turn some heads this season is in the NL, look out for the Cincinnati Reds. I also wouldn't sleep on the Chisox.

Reactions: flyinraptr

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Joc Pederson is the perfect kinda douche for The OC. He’ll fit right in.

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
Hoping Ohtani comes back strong and turns into the staff ace that I think he can be. Stipling will be a good pickup, if that trade goes through, and provided he can stay healthy. Angels should at least be exciting to watch this year.

Reactions: Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Hoping Ohtani comes back strong and turns into the staff ace that I think he can be. Stipling will be a good pickup, if that trade goes through, and provided he can stay healthy. Angels should at least be exciting to watch this year.
The pitcher/slugger experiment will fail because of his health. I have a feeling they commit to him being one or the other. Maybe let him pitch and be a pinch hitter on his off days?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The pitcher/slugger experiment will fail because of his health. I have a feeling they commit to him being one or the other. Maybe let him pitch and be a pinch hitter on his off days?
He's a good enough hitter I think he should just stick to that.

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
I'm of that thinking too, only because he'll most likely not be able to DH the game he pitches, or at a minimum the day before he pitches. Possibly rest or at least pinch hit the day after. That's a big piece of the team's offense potentially out 2-3 games a week.

On the other hand, if he comes back strong, and pitches lights out, that's hard to replace too. And the team definitely needs a #1 pitcher. We'll see what happens in the next few years. I'm sure he'll be interested in maximizing his value $$.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I'm of that thinking too, only because he'll most likely not be able to DH the game he pitches, or at a minimum the day before he pitches. Possibly rest or at least pinch hit the day after. That's a big piece of the team's offense potentially out 2-3 games a week.

On the other hand, if he comes back strong, and pitches lights out, that's hard to replace too. And the team definitely needs a #1 pitcher. We'll see what happens in the next few years. I'm sure he'll be interested in maximizing his value $$.

If he truly has acelike stuff and can stay healthy he should pitch and just be an occasional pinch hitter on off days. 30hr hitters are a dime a dozen these days. Pitching is infinitely more valuable. Plus you'll have plenty of production from Trout, Rendon, Upton and Pederson.