Equity is a race to the bottom

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
wasn't there an article that pointed out all the AP classes were basically a soul
crushing struggle that didn't actually yield academic benefit to the kids long term?
I wish there had been AP college credit in my day...had to take calculus I twice, once in HS and once in college. There was no hope of avoiding calculus II, III or differential equations.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Good teachers create equity.

It's one of the skills you need.

I think it's funny when these carpet baggers come to town thinking they got something new to sell you.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
if only the the producer im working with took trig he may be able to count. giving me :60 seconds worth of material for a :15 second spot. script was 4soundbites, 4 gfx cards, and 2 lyric ups with a 3 second end page. I literally told him you do the math. we have essentially 8 seconds of spot to work with.
You're talking about a producer

They are the bottom

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
They're trying to eliminate the fact that smart kids will be fine.

That's what "equity" means
No.

That is Proud Boi attribute substitution times a 1000.

The only person equity potentially hurts is the teacher because when the dumb kids don't perform it's the teacher's fault.

Like I said, it's funny when people aren't in the business and they talk about the business like they know the business.

THE SMART KIDS WILL BE FINE!

Most of the dumb ones too.

I was dumb and I went on to be a beloved molder of young people's beliefs and values. :dancing:

Last edited:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
No.

The only person equity potentially hurts is the teacher because when the dumb kids don't perform it's the teacher's fault.

Like I said, it's funny when people aren't in the business and they talk about the business like they know the business.

I was dumb and I went on to be a beloved molder of young people's beliefs and values. :dancing:
You seem to forget you’re talking to a “but I read this on Twitter” NPC.

they are the real experts now.

it’s time to step down horny old man for the new guard.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
You're talking about a producer

They are the bottom
Hey my official title is creative editor & producer dick! lol

i usually have no one but myself to blame for lofty ideas, but i havent received a script to cut a spot since nineteen ninety never. unfortunately this guy is the lead on this particular show and were stuck together. im going to buy him a stopwatch and tell him to read his spots out loud. if it takes longer to read it than the time were alotted - go back to the drawing board buddy. he also has horrible taste in music.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf and Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No.

Most people with a bachelors have 18 years of experience in the business.

The shitter the Math/Physics/Chemistry classes, and the shittier the sparring partners, the shittier the product, full stop.

There's a billion people forced to think Xi Jinping is sacred and a billion people who choose to think cows are sacred. And not because they can be turned into steaks and cheeseburgers. I want ifallalot's kids out-competing them and paying my Social Security and Medicare

Maybe try it with classes like English and History and Geography, or whatever those are called these days.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
equity is education is basically dumbing down for everyone.

Instead of raising the bar, we're lowering it, again and again.
And yet your generation didn't even sniff calculus until college.

Did you even have final exams in middle/high school?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Most people with a bachelors have 18 years of experience in the business.

The shitter the Math/Physics/Chemistry classes, and the shittier the sparring partners, the shittier the product, full stop.

There's a billion people forced to think Xi Jinping is sacred and a billion people who choose to think cows are sacred. And not because they can be turned into steaks and cheeseburgers. I want ifallalot's kids out-competing them and paying my Social Security and Medicare

Maybe try it with classes like English and History and Geography, or whatever those are called these days.
Smart kids find a way.

Getting rid of AP math classes won't make or break them.

Are top level American tech universities wanting for applicants?

Don't tell anyone a secret that all teachers learn: You don't really need to teach smart kids.

It's the dummies that eat up your resources.

On and interesting side note, they got rid of developmental writing and math classes at the JC and State colleges in CA.

So the dumb kids are taking a hit too.

This is a bigger change in education for the worst. The people who are in a tizzy about AP math getting abolished should be worried about that.

No one gets that this is a move on (labour) the teachers by management (the admins).

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp