Equity is a race to the bottom

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Again, what should equity look like? You can use education as an example.

In the context of this thread, do you think that eliminating public education opportunities for higher achievers is a good move and in line with the goals of "equity"?
No that is not equity. Why do you insist on defining it so unless you are trolling.
do trolls troll?
Accommodations look like giving extra time on testing who need it.
equity is giving unlimited time on testing for all.

btw research has shown giving extra time does not give an advantage to anyone. Those who don’t know will not benefit with more time. Those who have difficulty expressing their understanding will be able to show what they know with more time.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
What is the correct method? How did equity work out for Cuba and the USSR :unsure: :roflmao:
Use good program design.

More emphasis on Aristolian teaching methods and less on platonic methods.

This is actually the right thing to do.

But I don't know if the people pushing equity understand this.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
No that is not equity. Why do you insist on defining it so unless you are trolling.
Did you see article in the OP?

The unwillingness to define equity is the whole point of the #woke movement. They don't want a target that is achievable, they want to be able to keep moving the goalposts to fit their political agenda. Just like with the everchanging definition of racism.

Accommodations look like giving extra time on testing who need it.
equity is giving unlimited time on testing for all.

btw research has shown giving extra time does not give an advantage to anyone. Those who don’t know will not benefit with more time. Those who have difficulty expressing their understanding will be able to show what they know with more time.
Cool tangent but ok. Every school I've attended gave extra time to students with disabilities, so I'm not sure what your point is?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You forgot to log in as fecalface. Having the rule of law is still important :trout:

Is it though? Nobody wants to get thrown in the Gulag for having the wrong opinion, nor do they want to stand in line for hours for a sack of potatoes.
Yeah, Cuba having trade with the USA might help too?

The notion that nobody is thrown in the Gulag for having the wrong opinion.....

Navalny's in the Gulag and like half the country can't afford a sack of potatoes.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yeah, Cuba having trade with the USA might help too?
So the solution to making communism work is more capitalism? Whoa.

I agree that Cuba should be able to trade with the US, but they still have the rest of the world to trade with. I'm not sure what they produce that the world would find useful. Sugar? Bananas? Pretty much all Caribbean countries struggle with exports.

The notion that nobody is thrown in the Gulag for having the wrong opinion.....

Navalny's in the Gulag and like half the country can't afford a sack of potatoes.
Yup, still basically a dictatorship.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
???

How does trade = capitalism?

Vietnam is one of our largest trading partners. I think Cuba's economic situation would be improved if there was no embargo.

Trade is entirely possible whether you have a classless society or the paradise of paradises, Somalia.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
The unwillingness to define equity is the whole point of the #woke movement. They don't want a target that is achievable, they want to be able to keep moving the goalposts to fit their political agenda. Just like with the everchanging definition of racism.
Mind reading again :unsure:
pssst, it doesn't give accurate results, in most cases.

You asked, 'what should equity look like' and that was my response. And then you call it a tangent when I answer your request. LOL
Cool tangent but ok. Every school I've attended gave extra time to students with disabilities, so I'm not sure what your point is?
Those students with disabilities had to go through a lengthy legal process to get those accommodations and in many cases schools fight tooth and nail not to allow them, and often not to adhere to them when by law they have to.

My point is, you choose to use a bad understanding of equity to rant and rave like a Karen. But I have faith you will find others and continue on using whatever dumb example to express your outrage of something.:socrazy:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Trump gets banned for violating private business's terms of service.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOT EQUITABLE

Slavery is outlawed.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RACE 2 THE BOTTOM

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Mind reading again :unsure:
pssst, it doesn't give accurate results, in most cases.
That's not mind reading, it's based on actual examples and the statements made by the people in the movements.

You asked, 'what should equity look like' and that was my response. And then you call it a tangent when I answer your request. LOL
You gave a softball example of something that is already fairly common.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
That's not mind reading, it's based on actual examples and the statements made by the people in the movements.

You gave a softball example of something that is already fairly common.
Links?
This movement has clear leaders who have a manifesto, I assume :rolleyes:
Just like ANTIFA!

I thought of a better one for you.

The extra time was nonexistent before IDEA and 504 went into fed. law which is an attempt to make all education equitable.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

I agree that Cuba should be able to trade with the US, but they still have the rest of the world to trade with. I'm not sure what they produce that the world would find useful. Sugar? Bananas? Pretty much all Caribbean countries struggle with exports.

Yup, still basically a dictatorship.
Wanna change 'em? Love 'em. Honey gets better results than vinegar.

Reactions: grapedrink