Equity is a race to the bottom

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
As much as I cringe at your posts, this one is spot on. All the talk about equity is about bringing down what is supposedly out of reach for those who don't have enough "equity" so that nobody can have them. No easier way to make sure everyone has "equity".
So you both share the victim mentality.
interesting;)

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was specifically talking about the words "equity and safe".
Yes, I agree they are being weaponized.

But those are actually two really important concepts for teaching.

The way you get equity is have good teachers and good programing (systematic training).

I created equity for my dumb students this way and they thrived.

So this is not bad idea.

Saftey is another important concept because you can't learn if you don't feel safe.

The problem now is we have primed faulty neuroception where the discomfort of learning triggers a threat response.

All bootstraps won't work and either will having no skin in the game.

Teaching well is really hard, especially teaching dummies.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What is the correct method? How did equity work out for Cuba and the USSR :unsure: :roflmao:
This is the part where we ask how liberty is working out for Somalia.

Probably worth noting that equity worked out better for the USSR than the alternative has. Unless you're one of like a couple dozen oligarchs. Then your kid can have an F1 team, and occasionally make it all the way to the first turn before crashing.

Reactions: mundus

moby

Nep status
Nov 10, 2010
There’s no such thing as equity in regards to the human condition. Never has been, never will be. Unposible. Unobtainium.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
:roflmao:

Obviously I deeply wounded you?

Again.
Yes I agree.

you think you are safe now that the trumpkins and the redneck racists and the conspiracy nuts are crawling back into their burrows (trailers) with all their fears and great ideas and factopinion confusion but then

The level of stupid:sick: is still here.

Long live Che-shirts:jamon:

:bowdown:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
This is the part where we ask how liberty is working out for Somalia.
You forgot to log in as fecalface. Having the rule of law is still important :trout:

Probably worth noting that equity worked out better for the USSR than the alternative has. Unless you're one of like a couple dozen oligarchs. Then your kid can have an F1 team, and occasionally make it all the way to the first turn before crashing.
Is it though? Nobody wants to get thrown in the Gulag for having the wrong opinion, nor do they want to stand in line for hours for a sack of potatoes.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
A red herring in its truest form. :roflmao::roflmao:
Again, what should equity look like? You can use education as an example.

In the context of this thread, do you think that eliminating public education opportunities for higher achievers is a good move and in line with the goals of "equity"?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Parents who raise their kids to be resilient instead of entitled are bestowing upon them a natural advantage in any environment. It's the ultimate privilege.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
You forgot to log in as fecalface. Having the rule of law is still important :trout:

Is it though? Nobody wants to get thrown in the Gulag for having the wrong opinion, nor do they want to stand in line for hours for a sack of potatoes.
What about a cart full of toilet paper?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink