Disney rejects DeSantis’ mask order.....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Its illustrating absurdity by being absurd.
it isn't absurd. it's a viable public health and safety measure.

I don't believe for a second that those cloth masks do a damned thing regarding this virus.
that's unsurprising coming from the poster child for willful stupidity and partisanship above all else

It would be like wearing a cheap dust mask when glassing surfboards with polyester resin instead of using a proper fitting respirator with good cartridges. Totally useless.
no it wouldn't. yet another example of your ignorance and inability to construct apt metaphor

Reactions: sizzld1

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What else did your TV tell you?

In general SCIENCE shows that cloth masks have very limited to no chance of trapping particles that transmit the Covid-19 virus. Heavy cotton performed better than say a bandana...but it took two layers of heavy cotton to provide any reasonable degree of protection. All performed better to some degree at trapping liquid particles like mucus and saliva. The good news is that SCIENCE has also proven that it is very unlikely for Covid to be transmitted outdoors......so while wearing your mask outside does absolutely nothing...being outside is protective.
The CDC says the masks decrease the rate of infection. Not my TV. I also don't wear the things outdoors because I am not in a large crowd of people.

Do you have a link for your SCIENCE?

Has SCIENCE shown that Marco Rubio possesses the bottom gene yet?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
it isn't absurd. it's a viable public health and safety measure.

that's unsurprising coming from the poster child for willful stupidity and partisanship above all else

no it wouldn't. yet another example of your ignorance and inability to construct apt metaphor
If you think those cloth masks do anything other than signal compliance you are truly a moron. I can't help you with that. They are no more effective than a 10 cent dust mask in a room full of resin fumes. They do nothing.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Cloth masks like everyone is wearing out and about? Worn day after day often without washing them? Really? In case you haven't noticed ony about 1% of the people you see wearing masks are wearing an appropriate N95 mask which is what you need to filter out this virus.
keep going, this is fun

I'm sure it ends in a mutually beneficial outcome where we all come away having learned something

j/k because you're a fkn moron

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Cloth masks like everyone is wearing out and about? Worn day after day often without washing them? Really? In case you haven't noticed ony about 1% of the people you see wearing masks are wearing an appropriate N95 mask which is what you need to filter out this virus.
The CDC, way back when, said something like the masks cut the number of people an infected person will infect from 3.5 to 2.7 or some such.

I never heard it being framed as a complete 100% solution, nor was it meant to be.

Reactions: sizzld1 and mundus

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Guess you'll never admit to being wrong................
worldwide, the science resoundingly supports the premise that masks provide protective effect
against transmission of infective droplets

what you are claiming here is false and easily refutable

this leads me back to my question, why engage in this exercise when you know that you don't
have a leg to stand on?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
worldwide, the science resoundingly supports the premise that masks provide protective effect
against transmission of infective droplets

what you are claiming here is false and easily refutable

this leads me back to my question, why engage in this exercise when you know that you don't
have a leg to stand on?
Masks come in all sorts. Your claims regarding N95 masks are true so long as they are properly fitting. The cloth masks you see averyone wearing around town are useless. If they make you feel better so be it.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Holy hell if someone with asymptomatic Covid in a grocery store sneezes with a bullshit cloth mask on, a considerable amount of sickness will be hitting the inside of that mask, and not getting completely blasted into a closed-circulation indoor air supply.

It's not perfect by a long shot. It's better than nothing.

Reactions: rice

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Masks come in all sorts. Your claims regarding N95 masks are true so long as they are properly fitting. The cloth masks you see averyone wearing around town are useless. If they make you feel better so be it.
wrong again. the science has shows that cloth, paper, AND n95 masks provide preventative protection.

like I said, easily refutable....why are you hammering on this so?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
wrong again. the science has shows that cloth, paper, AND n95 masks provide preventative protection.

like I said, easily refutable....why are you hammering on this so?
Because like most shite people of limited intelligence and pathological insecurities he will never admit being wrong.