Disney rejects DeSantis’ mask order.....

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
listen to grape drink, he’s an infectious disease expert.
He thinks he doesn't need to bear any responsibility.

It's so funny that it's always the libertardians who love to preach personal responsibility but want to be free to do whatever they want, including harming others.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
listen to grape drink, he’s an infectious disease expert.
Again, all you hear about is what is hypothetically "possible". Not the actual likelihood, which is what helps people make educated decisions.

So apparently I could be around someone who has Covid, breathe in the disease spores and trap them in my nasal passages, then go out into the public and breathe them out again while they are still viable?

Am I getting this right? Seems legit.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
He thinks he doesn't need to bear any responsibility.

It's so funny that it's always the libertardians who love to preach personal responsibility but want to be free to do whatever they want, including harming others.
I am responsible. I've worn a mask religiously, even since being vaccinated. The vast majority of people in my social and work circles have also been vaccinated. When I'm indoors among the public, i'm masked up.

So please explain to me the mechanism by which I could end up carrying covid and spreading it, and the actual likelihood of that happening even if I were to come into contact with an infected person.

I just peed in a public urinal, hope i didn't catch crabs, i heard that they can crawl up the stream of urine :(

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I am responsible. I've worn a mask religiously, even since being vaccinated. The vast majority of people in my social and work circles have also been vaccinated. When I'm indoors among the public, i'm masked up.

So please explain to me the mechanism by which I could end up carrying covid and spreading it, and the actual likelihood of that happening even if I were to come into contact with an infected person.

I just peed in a public urinal, hope i didn't catch crabs, i heard that they can crawl up the stream of urine :(
So you are complying, you just like to bitch about it incessantly.

GUBMENT TYRANEE

Reactions: mundus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So you are complying, you just like to bitch about it incessantly.

GUBMENT TYRANEE
Uh, no, I'm not bitching. What I'm saying is that all this kabuki theatre is 99% feel good optics that is not supported by science. Just like the scare tactics I grew up with during the early parts of HIV/AIDS.

This thread is based on Disney saying "enough" and f u to the government. Good on them. I thought it was 2 weeks to flatten the curve, not 2 years?!

Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Have to admit mask requirements for the fully vaccinated make no sense.
I got vaxxed. Haven’t worn a mask since unless somebody specifically asks me to.

We wore masks to protect others.

I got vaccinated for the same reason. The mask wearing is only for show. Empty gestures just aren’t my thing.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Thinking intuitively and how these sorts of “risks” were portrayed in the past. Look at what was told to us about aids when we were younger (a narrative that Fauci also had a part in) vs what we know now. It all seems highly unlikely.

View attachment 108979
lolwut?!

the sh!t you latch on to sometimes trips me out, man

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
stupid
why not show a picture of heroic healthcare professionals in their full garb?
i know why.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
lolwut?!

the sh!t you latch on to sometimes trips me out, man
You mean the truth?

The messaging was that if you have unprotected sex with someone who has HIV/AIDS, you are very likely to get HIV/AIDS. It wasn't until I was in college that I learned the actual science that a man having vaginal sex with a woman who has HIV is not even 1% for a single encounter. Women from men is 1-3%. Anal is around 50%, sharing needles 95+%.

There was no discussion of these nuances in HS sex ed/health class. These numbers could be slightly off because I haven't checked them in a while, but regardless of that there was no discussion of actual risk and probability. Like with Covid, the message was bag/mask up and be afraid!

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
DIZNEEEE IS BEING MANIPULATED BY MEDIA HYPE!!!
You need a remedial course in the English language.

California Hollywood types staked out the wrong cause on this one. Losing, so much losing.

DeSantis is going to crack them, or they are going to lose piles of money.

Losing, so much losing.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You mean the truth?

The messaging was that if you have unprotected sex with someone who has HIV/AIDS, you are very likely to get HIV/AIDS. It wasn't until I was in college that I learned the actual science that a man having vaginal sex with a woman who has HIV is not even 1% for a single encounter. Women from men is 1-3%. Anal is around 50%, sharing needles 95+%.

There was no discussion of these nuances in HS sex ed/health class. These numbers could be slightly off because I haven't checked them in a while, but regardless of that there was no discussion of actual risk and probability. Like with Covid, the message was bag/mask up and be afraid!
again, super weird take....

literally all school programs are absolutist and abstinence-based

there is no nuanced drug education. there is (was) no nuanced sex education.

what were you expecting them to tell you FFS

AIDS was the perfect way to get boys to jimmy up

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
again, super weird take....

literally all school programs are absolutist and abstinence-based

there is no nuanced drug education. there is (was) no nuanced sex education.

what were you expecting them to tell you FFS

AIDS was the perfect way to get boys to jimmy up
how many people here have ever been in charge of managing public health?

• Haha