Disney rejects DeSantis’ mask order.....

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Holy hell if someone with asymptomatic Covid in a grocery store sneezes with a bullshit cloth mask on, a considerable amount of sickness will be hitting the inside of that mask, and not getting completely blasted into a closed-circulation indoor air supply.

It's not perfect by a long shot. It's better than nothing.
That's not all together true. A considerable amount of the virus will escape through the mask as the particles are small enough not to be trapped by a single layer of cotton...like t shirt material. This is not measurable more effective than a hand over your face. If the virus is contained in mucus then it could be trapped....but a symptom of Covid is a dry cough so at best its a saturated gas.

Surgical masks however are almost N95 like in their ability to catch these particles but have more routes of escape around the edges because they are not sealed.

Virus transmission in public spaces is extremely rare. Because of this masks are statistically ineffective against it. Most transmission occurs in close quarters, offices, homes, public transportation.

Masks have also given people a belief that they have a degree of protection, If you are wearing a t shirt mask and you are contagious you will expose people to the virus by simply breathing. If you wear a mask and virus finds it's way to the surface of your cotton mask it will pass through. The same is true for all coronaviruses.

Reactions: afoaf and Ifallalot

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
You can still carry and transmit the virus, even if you're vaccinated.
And you can still contract the variant.

Not nearly enough Americans are vaccinated yet and the variants are multiplying as the result.

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are not helping either.
Interview with CDC Director Rochelle Walensky (my emphasis).

Can we say with any degree of certainty that vaccinated people are unlikely to spread COVID to unvaccinated individuals?
The emerging data confirms what many of us thought would be the case—that not only do the vaccines stop symptomatic COVID, but they also make it highly unlikely that someone can even be infected at all.
I think the preponderance of the evidence supports the fact that vaccinated individuals are not able to spread the virus.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Get rid of season passes, capacity problem solved
We had a season pass when my daughter was in elementary school. It was cool. We'd go on Friday night, have carne asada and a beer at CA Adventure and go a few rides. Weekend begun. That was the beauty of the pass, no 12 hour marathons trying to go on as many rides as possible to get your money's worth...

Reactions: afoaf

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
We had a season pass when my daughter was in elementary school. It was cool. We'd go on Friday night, have carne asada and a beer at CA Adventure and go a few rides. Weekend begun. That was the beauty of the pass, no 12 hour marathons trying to go on as many rides as possible to get your money's worth...
I get that it’s cool for residents. It’s crap for the suckers shelling out $100 and having to deal with the insane crowds for everything.