Disney rejects DeSantis’ mask order.....

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Fecal, the point is you'll probably contract measles first at Disneyland.

And besides, I like the idea of redubbing the infamous ride with "It's a Small Lung After All".

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Let's do this again, for the morons..

WEARING A MASK HELPS PREVENT SPREADING THE VIRUS TO OTHER PEOPLE

It doesn't prevent you from catching it, unless the other person wears i also.

Not everything is about you, narc.

View attachment 108944
Again, if you are afraid of catching covid THEN DONT FOOKIN GO.

A large swath of the population is now vaccinated. Almost anyone can get one now. Most of Disney is outdoors where transmission is highly unlikely, and for those indoors it’s about the same risk as having people eat inside a restaurant.

Science!

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

A large swath of the population is now vaccinated. Almost anyone can get one now. Most of Disney is outdoors where transmission is highly unlikely, and for those indoors it’s about the same risk as having people eat inside a restaurant.

Science!
That's not how it works dummy.

You don't have the right to transmit the virus to other people.
Whether others go to Dysneyland or not, is none of your fucking business.
It's YOUR responsibility to follow the rules and not harm others.

Also, Dysneyland can impose whatever mask rules they want.
You don't have to go if you don't like it.

Not nearly enough people are vaccinated to stop spreading the variants and heard immunity will never be achieved because people are refusing to do so. Science!

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That's not how it works dummy.

You don't have the right to transmit the virus to other people.
How about a maskless option for those who are vaccinated? Give them a Cancun wristband for showing their vax card, and if you are seen maskless without it you get booted. Problem solved.

Whether others go to Dysneyland or not, is none of your fucking business.
Its none of yours either, so why are you posting about it?

YOUR responsibility to follow the rules and not harm others.
Again, not an issue for those who are vaccinated. I would agree with a rule that requires those with no proof of vaccination to be required to wear masks.

Also, Dysneyland can impose whatever mask rules they want.
of course they can, which is what this thread is about. Except you don’t like it if they propose a rule that says they aren’t required. Double standard much? :unsure: :roflmao:

You don't have to go if you don't like it.
Agreed, and I’ve already said that several times.

Not nearly enough people are vaccinated to stop spreading the variants and heard immunity will never be achieved because people are refusing to do so. Science!
Cases are dropping nationwide, and the actual chance of a vaccinated person transmitting is insanely minimal. Science!

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Thanks, but I’m going to go ahead and move on with my life.

No need to wear a mask once vaccinated unless it is specifically required. I’m tired of wearing it for “feel good” optics.
Thank you. The whole point of getting vaccinated was to move past Covid and get back to normalcy. Otherwise it's the same as getting a polio vaccine and still avoiding pools.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
IMHO you're both jumping the gun on this one. Seems like early days to determine we'll definitely get another spike, and early days to determine we definitely won't. Half this board was jerking themselves off like Florida was some kind of success story, then we had the case spike just like last Spring Break. And that's with DeSantis shitcanning everyone and everything who won't toe the line.

I still can't get next to the vaccine requirement ban.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Thank you. The whole point of getting vaccinated was to move past Covid and get back to normalcy. Otherwise it's the same as having your GF get an AIDS test and testing negative, but still have her wear a rubber glove while giving a handjob with a condom on
Fixed

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Have to admit mask requirements for the fully vaccinated make no sense.
Yes, but it's illegal in Florida to restrict by vaccine (thanks DeSantis, you Cuomo-tier asshole) and you can be fired for being vaccinated, so in the absence of being able to do anything by vaccine, any private interest that wants some kind of precaution is going to default to mask.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Thank you. The whole point of getting vaccinated was to move past Covid and get back to normalcy. Otherwise it's the same as getting a polio vaccine and still avoiding pools.
Not really moving forward if only 30% of the population is vaccinated and 1 in 4 Americans refuse to get vaccinated.

Reactions: mundus

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Have to admit mask requirements for the fully vaccinated make no sense.
You can still carry and transmit the virus, even if you're vaccinated.
And you can still contract the variant.

Not nearly enough Americans are vaccinated yet and the variants are multiplying as the result.

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are not helping either.

Reactions: mundus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You can still carry and transmit the virus, even if you're vaccinated.
And you can still contract the variant.

Not nearly enough Americans are vaccinated yet and the variants are multiplying as the result.

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are not helping either.
what’s missing from the narrative about what is technically “possible” is the actual likelihood. Someone who is vaccinated happening to carry it in their nostrils and blast it out onto another person sounds about as likely as getting aids from a handjob with a condom on.

BE AFRAID

• Dislike

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
what’s missing from the narrative about what is technically “possible” is the actual likelihood. Someone who is vaccinated happening to carry it in their nostrils and blast it out onto another person sounds about as likely as getting aids from a handjob with a condom on.

BE AFRAID
How sure are you about this? Has the Indian variant vs Moderna/Pfizer/JnJ/AstroZeneca etc. been tested at any kind of scale in a lab/controlled setting to determine this?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think this virus still has some surprises for we silly humans.

I think this is the little virus that could.

I wish I didn't think this way.

I will be happy if I am wrong.

So you know it's not wishful thinking.

I got on my barber's case yesterday for not getting a shot.

She was like, "my friend says . . . "

I was like, "Your friend is an idiot!"

Then I was like "eh, sorry.":monkey:

I'm a big tipper so she puts up with me.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
How sure are you about this? Has the Indian variant vs Moderna/Pfizer/JnJ/AstroZeneca etc. been tested at any kind of scale in a lab/controlled setting to determine this?
Thinking intuitively and how these sorts of “risks” were portrayed in the past. Look at what was told to us about aids when we were younger (a narrative that Fauci also had a part in) vs what we know now. It all seems highly unlikely.

1620335910804.jpeg

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Science!
listen to grape drink, he’s an infectious disease expert.