Different strains....

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
if you wear a sleep tracker - youll notice when you take a pill, or even melatonin which i take every once in a while for the garuntee - your sleep sucks. restlessness, and barely any deep sleep.

when i dont take melatonin, i get about 1.5 hours of deep sleep on averedge which is normal.. with it about 30 minutes.
Weird Melatonin knocks me the fuck out but I only use it once in a blue moon

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
1 The LSD story....he was using a solvent cleaner. Solvents can carry "stuff" through the skin easily enough. When working with solvents, wear appropriate protection.

2 Eating pot vs smoking.....when you eat it, stuff goes stomach, small intestine, then into the blood vessels going to the liver and onwards to the heart. When you smoke, stuff goes to the lungs, then into blood vessels that then go the the heart then up the head. The key difference regarding "strength" is the chemistry that happens in the liver: THC gets turned into a more powerful psychoactive before going to the brain. Key difference regarding "duration" is speed up of transfer into the blood to brain (slow trickle versus all at once).

3 Sleeping well takes practice. FWIW, sticking to a bed time ritual, limiting caffeine, getting some movement based exercise during daylight hours (outside better than inside), writing down things that need to get done (so I don't have to actively remember them or fret I am going to forget), and a few other small things, have helped me sleep.

4 Melatonin is a prescription-nly drug in Switzerland. Our Swiss friends buy up about 1000 tabs each when they visit. I smile when they ask me, "Is this a good brand? Do you know it?" They also can't believe how cheap it is here. If you go to Switzerland, bring some melatonin for resale to help fuel your endless winter.

5 Cold water surfing has profound influence on my sleep. With one hour of cold water surfing, sleep fine at night. With two, I go to bed a little early or doze a little while watching whatever on the telly, sleep like a long dead fallen Ponderosa when I do get into bed. Three or more hours cold water surfing, it is like, "Can we hold off on the nuptial activities...how about 12 hours from now when I wake up?"

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I took a dose of melatonin a couple years ago to make sure I got good sleep prior to going on a long hike. Couldn't sleep a wink - wide awake all night. Did the hike anyways, ran me down pretty hard, ended up getting sick. Actually slept a bit that night more from exhaustion than anything else. Next two days I still couldn't fall asleep. Called up the company asking what do I do to go to sleep and what is wrong with their sh!t?! Did not receive satisfactory reply.

Ended up going to the doctor and got prescribed a bottle of codeine. Just a spoonful for a reset. Stuff worked like absolute magic. That bottle lasted me almost a year, just using it when I really needed it.

Oh and all this super technical talk about weed:

1636482184067.png

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
1 The LSD story....he was using a solvent cleaner. Solvents can carry "stuff" through the skin easily enough. When working with solvents, wear appropriate protection.
Saw that and you are probably right but I still think he put his hand in his mouth :)
More skeptical that it hadnt broke down after that many years. LSD degrades relatively quickyl when exposed to heat, humidity and uv light. It was dark in there so maybe it was still good?

really interesting story nonetheless.

Reactions: Mr Doof

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Saw that and you are probably right but I still think he put his hand in his mouth :)
More skeptical that it hadnt broke down after that many years. LSD degrades relatively quickly when exposed to heat, humidity and uv light. It was dark in there so maybe it was still good?

really interesting story nonetheless.

Yeah, I don't know how true the story is.....as you said, mainly due to age of the substance. Could just be a good cover story to disguise a nibble. Just was commenting on the solvent angle, thinking it makes it slightly plausible.

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I guess if it was indeed crystal and he used the correct solvent . liftoff is possible?

As you havent dissolved it in anything maybe it lasts much longer?
Only seen it in that form a few times myself.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I always thought Melatonin was a myth because your digestive enzymes break it down before it gets into the blood stream. It never works for me. Benadryl and/or tylenol is more effective. Ambien is probably one of the safest prescription strength sleep aid, but it does have a some of that benzo hypnosis thing about it. Like stay away from the computer at night after taking an ambien or you might post some weird Trump/Rosanne tweets. It's safer than taking valium or any other benzos for sleep disorders, a little less addictive. Of course you can abuse it, i think methandone patients use it as a chaser to give them an extra high. There is a good documentary about it.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Ambien is probably one of the safest prescription strength sleep aid, but it does have a some of that benzo hypnosis thing about it. Like stay away from the computer at night after taking an ambien or you might post some weird Trump/Rosanne tweets.
Enough people have very, very weird experiences with it while "sleeping". A few I've known of:
- Showing up to work in the middle of the night, naked.
- Cooking a feast.
- Running around the hospital naked.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I am often congested (have been my whole life, not worth a whole recap) but a single Benadryl clears my head up nicely, and I sleep like a baby and wake up feeling actually rested. I know it’s an anti histamine which also causes that sleepiness, but it doesn’t leave the same grogginess the next day as an ambien or NyQuil or whatever, as long as I don’t take it too late in the evening

Reactions: Boneroni

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Just got some indica pax vape oil called purple unpleasant or something like that
I’ve been kinda barely getting much of a hit for a few weeks, since my cartridges were nearly empty
I made the trek from Long Island to Massachusetts the other day, and got pretty high off one hit
Sit on the couch and listen to music type high
Nice

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Dude, just call me. I can literally and legally get the best of any format you could desire, and it’s 20 minutes from us, not 5 hours

in fact I may stop Sunday on our way back from Stowe. LMK. You would love the 75% indica pens.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Dude, just call me. I can literally and legally get the best of any format you could desire, and it’s 20 minutes from us, not 5 hours

in fact I may stop Sunday on our way back from Stowe. LMK. You would love the 75% indica pens.
I like the drive,
I only use pax vape pens
And I like the drive
But thanks!
Wish I could got to stowe with you!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I know I know, we’ve had this exact convo like 5x. I just thought it would be funny to make it erBB public

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just got some indica pax vape oil called purple unpleasant or something like that
I’ve been kinda barely getting much of a hit for a few weeks, since my cartridges were nearly empty
I made the trek from Long Island to Massachusetts the other day, and got pretty high off one hit
Sit on the couch and listen to music type high
Nice
What do you think of EVALI?