Different strains....

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
@bluemarlin04 I'd think baking and surfing, especially in decent surf in cold water, would make you likely to sleep like a log. I advise baking earlier in the day, not bong rips and then tucking straight in.

But a word of caution. Generally I "quit" cold turkey on surf trips. A few days in, I generally get some pretty vivid/hectic dreams. Especially if I'm reading something before I go to sleep. Whereas I don't really dream or at least I basically never recall dreams if I'm home and baking basically every day.
Must be the cold.

Cause after I snowboard I sleep so well

Warm water here but I think the surf could help me sleep well

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Weed makes you pass out, not sleep. Turns out, those aren't the same thing. That's why what sharkbiscuit mentioned happens. Your brain is supposed to be doing something while you sleep, compiling. When you pass out high, you just...wake up some time in the future.
When I cut it out, I went back to lucid dreaming. Talk about a trip...

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
It all depends on the strains.

How long until the stoopid grade school bathroom names get forgotten, and they just are called what they actually do/cause?

Instead of these dumb "marketable" names, 100% of all herbs should be simply labeled with two words. One, the company's name, Two why you would want to consume that particular strain....

Example: Sausalito Sleep, Humbolt Hungry, Arcata Anxious, Mendocino Meditate, San Francisco Settledown, etc....

:shrug::foreheadslap::loser:

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Could you imagine going to work one day and accidentally getting dosed from 30 year old LSD stuck to some old electronics.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Means I sleep about 2-4 hours per night cause I keep waking up and staying up as a result of PTSD.

I go to the docs at the VA but they just give me Trazadone and say take it and you will sleep but don't really want to do that.

Edit- in addition to Trazadone I got a whole list of other pills I got to take just everyday to function as a normal human being.
I'm gonna say to you what the Venice Beach Doctor told me years ago. You have to smoke more marijuana.

Seriously... I have a bit of a problem with weed abuse... I can't seem to get enough. As soon as I finished smoking I'm already thinking about rolling another one. It's one of the reasons it's important to me to be without it 1 or 2 weeks every now and then.

Back to the point... It gets to a point I can't keep my eyes opened...out of control sleepiness.

I get it it's a crappy advice... but if your your main problem in life is lack of sleep, maybe smoking more could actually do you some good. Just make sure it doesn't fuck you up somewhere else.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
But a word of caution. Generally I "quit" cold turkey on surf trips. A few days in, I generally get some pretty vivid/hectic dreams. Especially if I'm reading something before I go to sleep. Whereas I don't really dream or at least I basically never recall dreams if I'm home and baking basically every day.
this is real. 1st couple of days of detox are like gnarly lucid dreaming.

Reactions: brukuns

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Means I sleep about 2-4 hours per night cause I keep waking up and staying up as a result of PTSD.

I go to the docs at the VA but they just give me Trazadone and say take it and you will sleep but don't really want to do that.

Edit- in addition to Trazadone I got a whole list of other pills I got to take just everyday to function as a normal human being.
Sure it's not sleep apnea?

Reactions: bluemarlin04

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
can anyone recommend something for me?

I have PTSD from Iraq. I take a load of pills everyday to function normally.

I don't sleep most nights.

Someone said Indica to sleep?

I can't really use during the day since I work and have a young kid but I will do anything to sleep.

Now that i am retired I am free to do what I like.
Ice baths.

But you need to go fucking cold.

If you are in a cold climate, I would say sauna at 180+ degrees

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I'm getting a serious anxiety vibe yo.

Don't you ever just STOP.

I mean, just completely, STOP.

DO NOTHING. I hesitate to say, Meditate, for the way some will read 'that' advice coming from moi.

Just sit, or lay, and do nothing. Breath, of course, but nothing else. Focus on the breath.

The in,
The out,
But especially the pause in between.

No pot, no pills, just sit/lay, listen to the elements and your breath.

It does wonders for anxiety. Trust me, I was genetically gifted that carp. It's no bueno!

:shameonyou:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The in,
The out,
But especially the pause in between.

No pot, no pills, just sit/lay, listen to the elements and your breath.

It does wonders for anxiety. Trust me, I was genetically gifted that carp. It's no bueno!
4-7-8 breathing. Everyone could benefit from it.

TM too. 20 minutes in the morning, 20 minutes in the evening. Every day.

Not sure if bluemarlin has checked it out but they usually do classes at the VA.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Here's a question.

Why is it so hard to find low THC and standard medicinal strain flowers?

Stuff like Harlequin and Cannatonic.

Lots of vape, no flower.

Does it all come down to the marketing of high THC strains?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Here's a question.

Why is it so hard to find low THC and standard medicinal strain flowers?

Stuff like Harlequin and Cannatonic.

Lots of vape, no flower.

Does it all come down to the marketing of high THC strains?
That and no one really sells low thc clones or seeds. Everything is bigger and better lol.

You can get Harlequin and even high CBD/low THC up here at some dispensaries more focused on medicine than profit.They are not the norm though.,

I cut off a few branches a bit early for some older relatives . Makes it way more mild as the trichomes havent fully developed. Sort of a hack way to do it. Gave them the strong stuff 2 years ago and they got way too high!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Sleep is a funny thing. If you have mental issues affecting it a ton of weed isnt necessarily going to help.

fook trazadone and sleeping pills though! Melatonin helps me in moderation.
Yes. Stay the fvck away from sleeping pills.

They really seem to fvck with your brain.

5 or so years ago I asked my doc for a few sleeping pills because I wanted to get a faster reset from jet lag on a trip and she gave me trazadone.

I've seen the crazy effects sleep drugs can have on people - we used to give them a lot when I worked cardiac - so I did a dry run at home first.

The most restless sleep of my life. Forgot next morning I was sitting in the lineup at Ponto with my heart beating 130 BPM - apparently an uncommon side effect. I flushed them down the toilet.

2 days of very low dose Desyryl 3 hours before bed - an antidepressant - was much much better for the jet lag application.

But generally speaking, stay the fvck away from sleeping pills.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
It all depends on the strains.

How long until the stoopid grade school bathroom names get forgotten, and they just are called what they actually do/cause?

Instead of these dumb "marketable" names, 100% of all herbs should be simply labeled with two words. One, the company's name, Two why you would want to consume that particular strain....

Example: Sausalito Sleep, Humbolt Hungry, Arcata Anxious, Mendocino Meditate, San Francisco Settledown, etc....

:shrug::foreheadslap::loser:

There is a company that tries this. From Santa Barbara. "Candescent". To me, it didn't work. Sure, this one is called "charge" and that one is called "calm", but I want to know what "actual" strain they are, because bubba kush might be "calm" but I don't like bubba kush, the high is boring, and "charge" might be a lemony haze that feels speedy and weird, or or it might be "green crack" and be totally different. It's so person to person...

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
if you wear a sleep tracker - youll notice when you take a pill, or even melatonin which i take every once in a while for the garuntee - your sleep sucks. restlessness, and barely any deep sleep.

when i dont take melatonin, i get about 1.5 hours of deep sleep on averedge which is normal.. with it about 30 minutes.

Reactions: stringcheese