Different strains....

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I did a bunch of edible gummies for a cross Atlantic flight and got so high I could barely function
But I was flying, so no function was necessary
I just needed to remind myself I had someone sitting next to me
So, while I was groovy to whatever music I was listening to, I didn’t want to disturb whoever was next to me
I was enjoying myself so much, just mellowed out, enjoying not needing to function,
When I landed, I was like,oh no, we’re here already?

highly recommend
At least for a flight, and as long as you don’t mind being so fucked up that you can’t hold your head up
Not recommended for ptsd sleep help

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Means I sleep about 2-4 hours per night cause I keep waking up and staying up as a result of PTSD.

I go to the docs at the VA but they just give me Trazadone and say take it and you will sleep but don't really want to do that.

Edit- in addition to Trazadone I got a whole list of other pills I got to take just everyday to function as a normal human being.
The VA sucks, I know this from my dad's issues there.

Giving you trazadone is a band aid.

I know a lot about insomnia - I had to be professionally treated by a sleep psychologist.

So I can empathize.

Have they sent you to the sleep psychologist?

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I did a bunch of edible gummies for a cross Atlantic flight and got so high I could barely function
But I was flying, so no function was necessary
I just needed to remind myself I had someone sitting next to me
So, while I was groovy to whatever music I was listening to, I didn’t want to disturb whoever was next to me
I was enjoying myself so much, just mellowed out, enjoying not needing to function,
When I landed, I was like,oh no, we’re here already?

highly recommend
At least for a flight, and as long as you don’t mind being so fucked up that you can’t hold your head up
Not recommended for ptsd sleep help
Fack dat.

Thats a panic attack waiting to happen for me.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
The VA sucks, I know this from my dad's issues there.

Giving you trazadone is a band aid.

I know a lot about insomnia - I had to be professionally treated by a sleep psychologist.

Have they sent you to the sleep psychologist?
Yea they did send me.

VA has actually been really good to me. I have heard some horror stories though.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Means I sleep about 2-4 hours per night cause I keep waking up and staying up as a result of PTSD.

I go to the docs at the VA but they just give me Trazadone and say take it and you will sleep but don't really want to do that.

Edit- in addition to Trazadone I got a whole list of other pills I got to take just everyday to function as a normal human being.
Tried small mushroom dose yet? Try it.

Reactions: CutnSnip

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Fack dat.

Thats a panic attack waiting to happen for me.
Yeah, I overdid it
Definitely not for everyone
And I’ll intentionally overdo it again on my next overseas flight
The last time was by myself
Next one may we with my wife, so that’ll be a whole different thing

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Try edibles to sleep
I'm gonna say no, don't do this, especially with your psychological history.

A significant percentage of people (as you've seen in this thread - even very seasoned users of THC and psychedelics) have some of the worst experiences of altered consciousness with them.

You don't want to experiment in this way with an already fragile state.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
start w/ low dose and slowly work your way up.

good luck man!
And I know it sounds cheesy, but very low spa/meditation music with that yummy low dose indica edible , plus the weighted blanket thing really helps a lot of peopl. But casa makes a good point too. Thc ain’t for everyone and can certainly have adverse effects

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Some people who just want to relax their mind for sleep look for strains that have < 10% THC and are balanced with CBD or CBD dominant.

As in something like 7% THC/14% CBD, 3% THC/20% CBD, etc.

Glass one hitter and a screen and smoke it that way going slow and taking a toke and waiting maybe 15 minutes to see how they feel, then another if needed and then maybe another after waiting a bit more, so they don't overdo it their first time around.

They also make strains that are 1% THC and 15%+ CBD, you may have to smoke a lot more to get the desired effect though, my understanding is you really need the THC to get the effect of the CBD so less THC is not necessarily optimal.

Also remember in the early 2000s average THC content was around 8-10%. So you're gonna get high even with low THC.

Visit a dispensary now and it's hard to find something less than 20%. Mainly because high THC content is a selling point despite the negative effects of these unnecessarily high levels of THC, which is another story altogether.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah I like the 15-20% range. the medical strains tend to be around there maybe 22 sometimes. agreed about the cbd. I notice a MUCH calmer high when I take a little dropper of cbd oil before smoking or vaping. Then again that very well could be placebo effect. Which is fine too

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yeah I like to 15-20 range. the medical strains tend to be around there maybe 22 sometimes. agreed about the cbd. I notice a MUCH calmer high when I take a little dropper of cbd oil before smoking or vaping. Then again that very well could be placebo effect. Which is fine too
I don't think it's a placebo when combined with THC - if I'm not mistaken the pharmacokinetic research backs this up - you pretty much need THC to get the CBD benefit.

And pertaining to sleep - if I'm not mistaken - the research backs that LOW dosages of THC indeed have an anxiolytic effect, while higher do not...

CBD by itself? Very likely placebo.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
That’s what I’ve heard around these parts anyway. Haven’t really done any deep googling. I think it was our presa Canaria buddy who I first heard say that cbd as a calming agent was only activated when thc was present as well. My personal experience seems to jive with this but I’m just one guy so who knows

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Tried small mushroom dose yet? Try it.
No. But my friend was telling me about it. He was supposed to get me some.

I did a whole 1/8th of shrooms once back in high school. Was hilarious.

This was back when people would go grab them off cows in kualoa valley.

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I don't think it's a placebo when combined with THC - if I'm not mistaken the pharmacokinetic research backs this up - you pretty much need THC to get the CBD benefit.

And pertaining to sleep - if I'm not mistaken - the research backs that LOW dosages of THC indeed have an anxiolytic effect, while higher do not...

CBD by itself? Very likely placebo.
My doctor told me that if its combined with THC then it works.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The sleep psychologist I went is actually involved in research relating to THC and sleep.

He advises against using it habitually for sleep.

But he did say that sleep medication is very likely far worse for you.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Well lord Jones‘ finest oil and a few bong rips of purple Urkel and its sofa time
Kosher Kush is Another good moderate thc count indica. 18% I think?

• Haha

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
The sleep psychologist I went is actually involved in research relating to THC and sleep.

He advises against using it habitually for sleep.

But he did say that sleep medication is very likely far worse for you.
Yea that’s what mine said too. Said that sleep meds are very bad and you’ll likely not get off them once you start

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
@bluemarlin04 I'd think baking and surfing, especially in decent surf in cold water, would make you likely to sleep like a log. I advise baking earlier in the day, not bong rips and then tucking straight in.

But a word of caution. Generally I "quit" cold turkey on surf trips. A few days in, I generally get some pretty vivid/hectic dreams. Especially if I'm reading something before I go to sleep. Whereas I don't really dream or at least I basically never recall dreams if I'm home and baking basically every day.