Different strains....

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I spent a NYE once at one of our semi-regular bars, with a cool little stage in a back room for bands and DJs. I was maybe 20...

Long story short, the bar was owned and operated by our Warlock friends. I'm sitting at the bar having a few warm up drinks, it only being around 9 PM on a night we knew would go until at least noon the next day (the bar got one of those "24 hour operating permits" the city gives out to many bars on NYE.)

Anyway, a Warlock (whom i didn't know) was sitting next to me at the bar and overheard me talking to one of the Warlocks i did know, talking about the blotter he had on the way to really kick things off. Anyway, the biker who overheard us turned and said to me "wanna kick it off now?" and he pulled out an eye dropper full of liquid LSD. "sure" i said, why not?" dude must have put 5 or 6 drops right on my tongue, and didn't ask for a dime (i bought him a shot and a beer of course). that sh!t was JUST starting to kick in hard when my other Warlock buddy walks up with a bag full of grass and probably 10 sheets of blotter and says "party time!" Well now. I wasn't about to disappoint a Warlock who had just come through with the LSD i had requested, so I bought a 10-strip and took a few tabs to the tongue. And then ecstasy and copious amounts cocaine entered the fray sometime soon after.

While the night actually remains fairly lucid in my memory, and i remember all kinds of strange and bizarre incidents from that 24 hour party, I will say it is one hell of a experience to be tripping balls and watch just 2 Warlocks beat the sh!t out of a group of 5 drunken obnoxious bridge and tunnelers, before physically throwing them out of the bar like an old Western.

Took DAYS to come down after that

After a few minutes of "wtf..." ..."ooooh, warlock must be a biker gang. Not the other type of warlocks. Makes sense now" :foreheadslap:

• Haha
Reactions: santacruzin

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
After a few minutes of "wtf..." ..."ooooh, warlock must be a biker gang. Not the other type of warlocks. Makes sense now" :foreheadslap:
Yeah they are somewhat under the radar as compared to the hells angels as far as public awareness goes, but I can tell you very much first hand they are the real deal, and in the world of actual outlaw biker clubs, they are well known and well respected and feared. The ONLY club that could enter their bars without an invitation would be actual Hells Angels, and when one or two of those guys would walk into one of the warlock bars, the vibe didn’t get tense exactly, but the Angels guys wouldn’t pay for a single drink, and in their own semi polite semi hostile way, make sure the warlocks knew who was still top dog in the north east biker world.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
can anyone recommend something for me?

I have PTSD from Iraq. I take a load of pills everyday to function normally.

I don't sleep most nights.

Someone said Indica to sleep?

I can't really use during the day since I work and have a young kid but I will do anything to sleep.

Now that i am retired I am free to do what I like.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Smoking is fine.
I have found edibles make me the most tired. Even at low doses.

In order of most KOed to least.
1. edibles
2. taking dabs
3. smoking weed

Smoking is going to smell, not sure if thats an issue around the kid.
The vape pens that @Subway loves wont be stinky and I am sure he can recommend some brands.

Smoke a couple hours before bedtime, you are not going to sleep right after you puff a good indica.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I haven’t done edibles since high school but all I remember is being so messed up the next morning.

I’d imagine they got even more potent the past 20 years

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I haven’t done edibles since high school but all I remember is being so messed up the next morning.

I’d imagine they got even more potent the past 20 years
yea and no - its all regulated so you can in theory dial in your dose perfectly and find what works for you. not just - have a cookie anymore and hope for the best.

I for one dont fuck with em. have had worse times on edibles than any hit of acid or mushroom could ever do.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Yeah they are somewhat under the radar as compared to the hells angels as far as public awareness goes, but I can tell you very much first hand they are the real deal, and in the world of actual outlaw biker clubs, they are well known and well respected and feared. The ONLY club that could enter their bars without an invitation would be actual Hells Angels, and when one or two of those guys would walk into one of the warlock bars, the vibe didn’t get tense exactly, but the Angels guys wouldn’t pay for a single drink, and in their own semi polite semi hostile way, make sure the warlocks knew who was still top dog in the north east biker world.
These dudes got nothing on SAMCRO man... NOTHING!

But seriously, to those who haven't watched it (Sons of Anarchy), give it a try. I thought it was really, really good. A lot better than it had any right to be (with its soap opera moments)... But seriously, good fucking show end to end and awesome soundtrack.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Tripping stories

1. Paper after school. Weakish trip. Gnarly blown out solidly overhead Sebastian. Boxing closeouts. Went out on the sponge and packed eleventy boxes. I let any makeable wave go to one of the four standups. Those guys were super cool to me that day and every day I saw them until I went to college.
2. Paper after school, flight to LaGuardia. Weak trip. Lots of lights in NYC and night drive upstate was kinda fun.
3. Decent paper. Decent trip, Senior year high school. Saw The Faculty with some super hot sophomore, her cute little sister, and some other primo youngins. Hallucinated the queen monster driving back over the intracoastal bridge. Asked group of girls if the moral of the movie was, when in high pressure situation, always snort the white powder. They thought that was the funniest sh!t ever, but grudgingly agreed it kind of was.
4. Geltabs. Phantom Menace. Amazing movie experience. Played chess tripping and beat people's asses badly.
5. Geltabs. Matrix Amazing movie experience. One of these two, on the way in, we walked past an Indian River County sheriff who had been embedded in our senior class to snitch - of course my buddy mainlined him into the friends crew - and I'd tried to sell him weed like a dozen times and offered it to him other times and he always said no. He pretended he didn't see us.
6. Geltabs. Rando Friday in college, was going to hang out all day with homies. They all bailed, no word. I decided to go to Calc 2 lecture. I understood the lecture better than any lecture, ever. Foreign Grad Assistant Teacher gave us a pop quiz - Korean/barely any English. Parabola = Parabora. She asked me why I didn't turn in the quiz. I held up the writing utensil and squeaked out "I can't". She came over with the unmarked quiz sheet, let me do the problem verbally, wrote my name and everything. Aced quiz!

7. Mushrooms. This was at a really nice house, great atmosphere. After 45 minutes nothing happened. I was told to drink another cup and smoke some weed. The house...it cost a fortune, and it was for the stepkids of "the dude" to live in and attend private school. The dude is/was a CEO of one you've heard of. He was Deputy Secretary of an important one. The tea started to kick in, and I wandered into the living room. Covered in pictures of the stepdad with Bill and Hillary. HRC eyeballing the camera grinning at the viewer. I'm like 0H SH!T HILLARY KNOWS - went out to boat. There was a mountain of weed. Started to kick in. Cops show up, come down to the boat. I am besides myself shitting, everyone is telling me it's fine. I'm like, every flat surface of the luxury house refrigerator has a cup of tea. The veggie/crisper drawers are bursting with cleaned caps ready to go. Drugs galore, everywhere. Cop comes onto the boat. Shines light on mountain of weed on console. Turns off light, goes "I didn't see that" starts laughing hysterically. I'm birthing rhinos. Hallucinate great big cop yacht with flashing lights in canal. Cop leaves. Go find friends' older brother. Explain predicament. They put 2+2 together, realize bad tripper, they drive me home, tell me under no circumstances am I to leave my room until it's over, and just try to stay calm and stay put.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
These dudes got nothing on SAMCRO man... NOTHING!

But seriously, to those who haven't watched it (Sons of Anarchy), give it a try. I thought it was really, really good. A lot better than it had any right to be (with its soap opera moments)... But seriously, good fucking show end to end and awesome soundtrack.
i fully agree, and The Mayan spin off I actually thought was better- they ironed out some of the cringey SOA moments and did a much better show overall. But yeah, i too ignored SOA and The Mayans and Justified for years, just writing them off as F/X off-brand cable network crap like most of it is...But i really liked Sons of Anarchy despite the soapy and cheesy moments, and Jax saying "I promise" over and over again in that deep and seriously cringe way of his. I mean, it was funny that whatever he was promising usually backfired, and the person he was promising ended up dead, but it still got old. Overall though, a super fun binge-worthy show. Would NEVER have watched it back in the day with commercials though, and waiting a week between episodes. Ony really enjoyable when you can bang out half of a season in an afternoon, and keep the flow of the show going

Justified is better than both biker shows though, IMHO

Reactions: brukuns

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Smoking is fine.
I have found edibles make me the most tired. Even at low doses.

In order of most KOed to least.
1. edibles
2. taking dabs
3. smoking weed

Smoking is going to smell, not sure if thats an issue around the kid.
The vape pens that @Subway loves wont be stinky and I am sure he can recommend some brands.

Smoke a couple hours before bedtime, you are not going to sleep right after you puff a good indica.
yeah, curaleaf indica, get the Elite line, much tastier and easy on the throat (though having a glass of cold water helps- the vapor is hot and can make you cough a little) Blueberry, or their house strain CPE is a damn fine Indica, very relaxing. Strong though so be advised- take ONE solid 4 second pull of the cart, and stop. see how you feel after a few minutes. then maybe take another. People with low tolerances to THC in general should enjoy the vapes, but literally only need a puff or two.

I don't know if you have Curaleaf stores, but MedMen also carries Curaleaf products. But i'm coming from "Medical Only" New York, so i don't even know if the California recreational shops would even carry the Curaleaf line of products?

Actually, a GREAT starter vape is the disposable CuraLeaf "slim pens"...they come in at a VERY user friendly 75% INdica, which is probably a better place for you to start than an 80-90%strength. I think you can even get what they call "1-1" formulas, which means they have the same amount of THC as they do CBD, so both levels are fairly low, and they ought to be VERY mellow. I have a high tolerance so i have never tried anything weaker than the 75% slim pens

another thing to keep top of mind with the vaping: if you find yourself really fukking high and kind of losing your sh!t a little, just remember it barely lasts an hour. Vaping is fast acting, potent, but also wears off in a timely and clear headed way I really enjoy. So before you freak out if you find yourself way too high, repeat the following mantra: “subway said it will be over soon. Subway said it will be over soon” and you’ll be fine in no time.

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
yea and no - its all regulated so you can in theory dial in your dose perfectly and find what works for you. not just - have a cookie anymore and hope for the best.

I for one dont fook with em. have had worse times on edibles than any hit of acid or mushroom could ever do.
I think it's common to underestimate edibles. Properly dosed it can be super relaxing and nice but if you overdo it, look out. It's like a whole different ball game.

One time I got so lit off some weed cookies I couldn't drive up my gravel driveway from the beach. I was going like 2 mph and I made it to the first corner and I was like, okay here we go, right turn, turning right, right, right, right!. It was like some wires were crossed in my brain and I was turning left instead. My friend had to grab the wheel and steer us around the corner. The next corner was a left turn and so naturally I started turning right. I finally had to let my friend drive.

I had the spins all night and barely slept. It was miserable. I was still very high when I showed up for work the next morning. My boss took one look at me and knew right away. I just told him, dude I ate too many cookies last night and I probably shouldn't be here using power tools. He was pretty cool about it and let me go home but he would razz me about it even years later. He had a pretty good bit about them not making visine strong enough to cover for my ass. RIP Rob, you were a good boss.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
can anyone recommend something for me?

I have PTSD from Iraq. I take a load of pills everyday to function normally.

I don't sleep most nights.

Someone said Indica to sleep?

I can't really use during the day since I work and have a young kid but I will do anything to sleep.

Now that i am retired I am free to do what I like.
Brah. Indica edibles to sleep. As pure indica as you can get, melt in to the couch kine. Put on an audiobook of something you wouldn't normally read but people say you should, volume low enough you can barely make out the voices, get a weighted blanket and make sure you set the alarm loud.

Really hope you can sleep my man :shaka:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
First, what does "I don't sleep most nights." mean? (because it can mean a lot of things)
Means I sleep about 2-4 hours per night cause I keep waking up and staying up as a result of PTSD.

I go to the docs at the VA but they just give me Trazadone and say take it and you will sleep but don't really want to do that.

Edit- in addition to Trazadone I got a whole list of other pills I got to take just everyday to function as a normal human being.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Brah. Indica edibles to sleep. As pure indica as you can get, melt in to the couch kine. Put on an audiobook of something you wouldn't normally read but people say you should, volume low enough you can barely make out the voices, get a weighted blanket and make sure you set the alarm loud.

Really hope you can sleep my man :shaka:
Im gonna give this a try.

Got a nice weighted blanket and AC.

And some noise cancelling head phones.

Reactions: CutnSnip and Aruka