Album Surfboards

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Anyone delve into A delma or Vespa yet, curious to hear first hand accounts. IMO vespa clips looks pretty bammer in even under the feet of extremely good riders, haven't seen much Delmas in action.

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
don't be fooled! I bought one used with the expectation that I could actually surf it and it was basically a wavestorm in a smaller package that cost more money

super heavy for some reason (maybe it was waterlogged, but it looked cherry otherwise) and really really chonky rails

I've fondled a couple of the Pyzel soft tops and they seem way more surfy to me if that's what you want
thanks i'll check out the pyzels

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Bom Dia has been pretty much crushing it for me this late summer/fall. Late summer we were surfing one of our better waves quite a bit. Its a steep, dredgy right that can get pretty hollow but is often just a nice HP wave with lots of push and good turn sections. Bom Dia felt great for the smaller days up to a few feet overhead. Solid in the tube. Lots of drive for connecting sections.

Lately we've been surfing a mushy reef. Its the type of wave that can make a fool out of you on a rockered out thruster but on the right board its really fun. Bom Dia works great at this wave too.

Ive also surfed it in a few different random beachies and the only time i had a bad session was in some tiny grovel waves.

Ran nvs AM L fronts, JL 80/20 rears today and I think its the best the board has felt. Plenty of drive and hold but a little more pivot with the smaller rears.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Another vote for the BomDia. Still can't get off mine in anything WH and up. Like Dengis said, the way the board carries speed through wraps,, and the tight arc it draws is very addicting. I literally get excited when a wrap section presents itself :applause2: but it also does everything else very, very well.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Do guys ever find the BomDia to be too fast? A lot of it is likely the sizing of mine as it is toward the step-up size so I tend to surf it in bigger waves. I surfed mine yesterday the speed was unreal and was actually too fast for the conditions causing me to hesitate.

Reactions: Havoc and Aruka

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Do guys ever find the BomDia to be too fast? A lot of it is likely the sizing of mine as it is toward the step-up size so I tend to surf it in bigger waves. I surfed mine yesterday the speed was unreal and was actually too fast for the conditions causing me to hesitate.
No such thing as “too fast”.

Trust me, you’re not going as fast as a pro.

Aug 29, 2019
No such thing as “too fast”.

Trust me, you’re not going as fast as a pro.
I know what you’re saying, but I remember a podcast where apparently Dane Reynolds told Clayton N that he wanted a “slow” board to do a comp. And depending on skill level, a board can be too much. I’ve experienced this as a resident kook at the break. Imho.

Reactions: j_mac and Havoc

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I haven't experienced that, but I'm in FL, land of mush. Haven't really ridden it in anything over HH. Mine's a 5'8.

Reactions: j_mac and Havoc

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I know what you’re saying, but I remember a podcast where apparently Dane Reynolds told Clayton N that he wanted a “slow” board to do a comp. And depending on skill level, a board can be too much. I’ve experienced this as a resident kook at the break. Imho.
There’s a spot I surf that is bowly/peaky and found I was out running it so I adjusted my lines (thanks to a tip from a friend who was watching). Basically just faded a bit and drew out the bottom turn farther into the flats.

Bogged a few times but eventually found the sweet spot.

Im used to surfing fast down the line points so it was simply a matter of adjusting. i probably could have changed fins too.

It helped that it’s a very easy wave to surf.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
There’s a spot I surf that is bowly/peaky and found I was out running it so I adjusted my lines (thanks to a tip from a friend who was watching). Basically just faded a bit and drew out the bottom turn farther into the flats.

Bogged a few times but eventually found the sweet spot.

Im used to surfing fast down the line points so it was simply a matter of adjusting. i probably could have changed fins too.

It helped that it’s a very easy wave to surf.
Was this when you first got on the AO?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I am just finishing the L8night with Choccy podcast of Victor Bernardo and his story of how he got onto Album is pretty cool. It made me want to try out an Album. (Maybe the Bom Dia). Album should give VB his own pro model so he can make some money.

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
I am just finishing the L8night with Choccy podcast of Victor Bernardo and his story of how he got onto Album is pretty cool. It made me want to try out an Album. (Maybe the Bom Dia). Album should give VB his own pro model so he can make some money.
He has a pro model. From album.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I found it amusing VB’s pro model is actually Kellys GOAT tweaked and rebranded as made for VB, and VB was actually talking about it.

he seems like a down to earth duuu.
Yup! Very interesting about Kelly and SITD/EAST.

But if you notice in the interview... he doesnt actually "say" the Bom Dia is his pro-model. Its just a collaboration with VB and Album. I don't think he makes any money from the sale of the board.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
yeah. it's called the Bom Dia:shrug:

VB rips, best team rider on Albums currently IMO
The Album website says "The Bom Dia (Good Morning) is a collaboration between Matt Parker and Victor Bernardo." (Emphasis Added)

It doesn't say that it is his pro-model. I don't think he gets any portion of money from the sale of that model?

Maybe I'm wrong about this :unsure: :foreheadslap::shrug:

Last edited: