Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
The Album website says "The Bom Dia (Good Morning) is a collaboration between Matt Parker and Victor Bernardo." (Emphasis Added)

It doesn't say that it is his pro-model. I don't think he gets any portion of money from the sale of that model?

Maybe I'm wrong about this :unsure: :foreheadslap::shrug:
pedantic.
According to the latest ep of “How Surfers Get Paid”, JJF is about the only pro currently getting paid by a shaper to ride boars (Pyzel gave him a % of the company. Classy move). Everyone else just gets free boars.
However, I thought I remembered from the first season that Kerr got a lil something from Album when he joined. Dunno

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
pedantic.
According to the latest ep of “How Surfers Get Paid”, JJF is about the only pro currently getting paid by a shaper to ride boars (Pyzel gave him a % of the company. Classy move). Everyone else just gets free boars.
However, I thought I remembered from the first season that Kerr got a lil something from Album when he joined. Dunno
word on the street was Kerr and AP have equity stakes.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Yup! Very interesting about Kelly and SITD/EAST.

But if you notice in the interview... he doesnt actually "say" the Bom Dia is his pro-model. Its just a collaboration with VB and Album. I don't think he makes any money from the sale of the board.
DLS podcast, iirc he called it his board. He felt weird about repping it since it was originally for Kelly but him to market.

loosely used, collab is exactly what a pro model is.

Reactions: ReForest

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

Inside The Alternative Surfboard Marketing Machine
tldr:
How does the contractual stuff work? Album: I have contracts in place with Asher, Josh and Jack. With the others our agreements are a little more organic.Panda: I used contracts a long time ago, but I don’t think anyone really abides by them or takes much notice. They’re pointless, really. I usually work off verbal agreements. But if a surfer was on the CT and there was money involved, then for sure a contract is appropriate. I’m also mates with my guys, so it’s not so much a business deal.

• Wow
Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
tldr:
How does the contractual stuff work? Album: I have contracts in place with Asher, Josh and Jack. With the others our agreements are a little more organic.Panda: I used contracts a long time ago, but I don’t think anyone really abides by them or takes much notice. They’re pointless, really. I usually work off verbal agreements. But if a surfer was on the CT and there was money involved, then for sure a contract is appropriate. I’m also mates with my guys, so it’s not so much a business deal.
Crazy. I think VB is a much better surfer than Freestone. He looks better on the boards too.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
VB is one sic ripper and every to his own but for mine Feestone surfs circles around him in reality in nearly every surfing aspect (plus bonus points for Alana!)
Strongly disagree.

VB doing some of the best surfing of anyone lately and with a level of steez that freestone could only dream of.

As you said, to each his own though.