XTR

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
So I'm starting to get a little worried about the glassing on my Driver 2.0

After riding the board for less than three weeks ( I was out of town over the last few weeks), my leash is slowly eating into my tail (the flap part, I know better than having too long of a leash string). The glass on my tail is cracking and feels like it'll reach the foam soon. If I just keep leaving it hanging there, has anyone else ran into a similar problem? I feel so lame hassling Javier, but it's starting to be a little concerning...

I had my board glassed in the 8.0 schedule (not team 8.0)
I would email a few pictures to Shey and tell him whats going on. He'll probably tell you to bring it in so they can look at it. They are very good about helping out (surfers helping surfers).

Reactions: Puffy

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
add a second plug!

album folks need to start a thred.
I cant find the thread about the leash plug positioning, but this one came up in the seach...

So whats the erBB's take on the leash plug in the middle on a twin? I was thinking it might be a good idea since i like a tail pad far back on the tail is usually covers the plug. Is the middle a good solution or does it cause an issue with the leash getting hung up?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I cant find the thread about the leash plug positioning, but this one came up in the seach...

So whats the erBB's take on the leash plug in the middle on a twin? I was thinking it might be a good idea since i like a tail pad far back on the tail is usually covers the plug. Is the middle a good solution or does it cause an issue with the leash getting hung up?
Middle plug is fine but you most likely well not want pad on twin unless you put it way up. After half dozen sesssions on mine I removed pad which was about 3/4 to 1" above my plug. You want your back foot over fin cluster and most twins cluster is pretty far forward compared to thruster or quad.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I just came here to say that I have a 2-board order of Albums that are going to be done tomorrow, and i'm INSANELY STOCKED.

5'3 Lightbender + 5'6" Twinsman RP
NICE! What are the dims on those? The lightbender looks really fun. What construction did you get?

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
they sending beard oil and a manbun clip with that order?
Well, I was worried that the numerous XTR logos would reduce hipster street cred, so yeah, I paid a little extra for those items.

NICE! What are the dims on those? The lightbender looks really fun. What construction did you get?
Went parallel carbon because Javier.

Matt recommended the following dims for hobbits who weigh 160+lb at 5'7":

Lightbender
Feet: 5 Feet
Inches: 3
Width: 19.75
Thickness: 2.38"

Twinsman RP
Inches: 6
Width: 19.5
Thickness: 2.32"

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Well, I was worried that the numerous XTR logos would reduce hipster street cred, so yeah, I paid a little extra for those items.

Went parallel carbon because Javier.

Matt recommended the following dims for hobbits who weigh 160+lb at 5'7":

Lightbender
Inches: 3
Width: 19.75
Thickness: 2.38"

Twinsman RP
Inches: 6
Width: 19.5
Thickness: 2.32"
Javi talked me into the parallel carbon too. I think i like the blue HD stringer better though.
The boards sounds good. A little on the wide side for me (145 @ 5'6 1/2), but I bet they will be just fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ