sounds good, AM with regular back fin?

I'm picking up 2 small trailers this week before I buy a twin setup on RNF

Rather try am2 w smaller back, retodd knowledge

Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I saw that in their rack a few months back. It was so thin it was hard to imagine surfing it. Would’ve been cool to see some footage of him on it. He’s definitely gone down a rabbit hole with the skimboards.

Reactions: ANIMA

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Whats the weight difference?
I left the old one with XTR, so can't weigh them to compare. The original 5'6 was just slightly heavier than my 5'8 Varial NB2, but the NB2 only has three FCSII plugs and the AP had/has five. The weight difference is pretty minor between the two XTR's. I'd say similar to running G10 fins as opposed to Aircore fins.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
sounds good, AM with regular back fin?

I'm picking up 2 small trailers this week before I buy a twin setup on RNF

Rather try am2 w smaller back, retodd knowledge
Not sure if this was a question for me or not, but if it is; yes regular AM large set with the smaller center.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Yea, so you can get the drive but still let it slide!
Surprisingly, this is the first board I've preferred the AM's. I know they're a widely liked fin and I've tried them in most of my boards (I've always had a set going back to the OG FCS twin plug days), but they haven't been my choice for a particular board until now.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
They are drivey fins but I don't like how they hold super hard then release totally at a certain point?
Im used to a bit more controlled slide if that makes sense, hard for me to tell when they are going to give

Reactions: Aruka

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
AM's suck yo!
Wouldn't say that, personally they're not a preferred set. In most hpsb I like a more neutral set, futures freestone, fcs performer etc. The AM's go good for me in frontside points and stubbier boards with wider tails, usually no like on pulled in round tails and backside, feel that I can't get as tight off the bottom and into the lip.

Jul 5, 2009
So I'm starting to get a little worried about the glassing on my Driver 2.0

After riding the board for less than three weeks ( I was out of town over the last few weeks), my leash is slowly eating into my tail (the flap part, I know better than having too long of a leash string). The glass on my tail is cracking and feels like it'll reach the foam soon. If I just keep leaving it hanging there, has anyone else ran into a similar problem? I feel so lame hassling Javier, but it's starting to be a little concerning...

I had my board glassed in the 8.0 schedule (not team 8.0)

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
So I'm starting to get a little worried about the glassing on my Driver 2.0

After riding the board for less than three weeks ( I was out of town over the last few weeks), my leash is slowly eating into my tail (the flap part, I know better than having too long of a leash string). The glass on my tail is cracking and feels like it'll reach the foam soon. If I just keep leaving it hanging there, has anyone else ran into a similar problem? I feel so lame hassling Javier, but it's starting to be a little concerning...

I had my board glassed in the 8.0 schedule (not team 8.0)
That doesn't sound right (unless your local is Teahupo'o and you're bailing your board a lot on 6'+ days). I'd shoot them over a photo or two and I'm sure they'll take care of you.