XTR

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Lightbender vs. Twinsman: whats the different type of waves they're intended for? Matt recommended the Lightbender for east coast beach break, but didnt contrast the Twinsman

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I feel like the Lightbender is, despite the narrower nose/tail, still a fish at heart. Twinsman looks like it is more of a performance twin. I don't have one so I can only speculate but I would expect it to be a little more loose and pivotal. Probably not quite as much easy glide. I reckon either one would work in beachies. I definitely like the Lightbender in crappy to fun beachbreaks as long as it's not tiny.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I feel like the Lightbender is, despite the narrower nose/tail, still a fish at heart. Twinsman looks like it is more of a performance twin. I don't have one so I can only speculate but I would expect it to be a little more loose and pivotal. Probably not quite as much easy glide. I reckon either one would work in beachies. I definitely like the Lightbender in crappy to fun beachbreaks as long as it's not tiny.
Uh oh Album hipster doods, looks like you completists will have to get this “Twinbender” one now to cover the full spectrum. That gap in @Aruka quiver was glaringly obvious...
http://instagr.am/p/CGbD6wCDCgy/

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
What are folks thoughts on the Plasmic - that one piques my interest? How would define it besides fun - haha!

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
that's some good looking hipster chit right there
oh bby :love:

digging that teal/mint color.
I gotta throw the guys at XTR a bone on that "topo chico but darker" color - I specified the color I was looking for in the notes - totally non-standard, with a vague description, and the airbrusher called me up out of the blue, and we had a discussion about it, and he nailed it, exactly what I was looking for. So stocked on how they came out.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Picked up mine this morning. Maiden Voyage. Waves were decent. About waist and occasional shoulder set. Not mushy, but not hollow. It was fun.
She goes real good! But I dont like the look of this parallel carbon :cautious:. I think this is the last time im ordering it this way.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Picked up mine this morning. Maiden Voyage. Waves were decent. About waist and occasional shoulder set. Not mushy, but not hollow. It was fun.
She goes real good! But I dont like the look of this parallel carbon :cautious:. I think this is the last time im ordering it this way.

Where are the fins set on that one?

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019

snip tail tomo. no bang