WTB: Mr. Buzz

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I imagine mr buzz would be my wedge/seal board if I still surfed south side seal. Never wedge. I can mention those spots because some idiots blew them up long ago. I used to beg people to paddle out w me on the biggest days. Now it’s a complete zoo.

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
those two and lowtide RJ are exactly what i had in mind as well, i lived in seal, was prob out with you (usually on a boog) and Barba on those days. Been almost 5 years since I’ve sured wedge though, those fletcher videos got the gears turning though

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
xmesa - grew up surfing seal. really got into bodyboarding 97 - stopped surfing for a bit. there were some massive days in august and that fall of 97. I was out with only 2 other guys on one of the biggest days. got probably the biggest barrel of my life. got addicted. Yeah...barba and roach were there during that time - probably earlier 90's. Went out at wedge a few times, but preferred some semi secret spots in laguna.

surfed south side a few times, but was over it when I blew a wave because a camera guy popped up and scared me. last time I went it was like the north shore or something. photogs everywhere, crowded as F. I was over it. probably not a good idea for my old body anymore.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Hurts my lower back just thinking about surfing a 5’3. But I was also tempted by that deal.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Back in the day when I emailed Dave about ordering one he told me Stretch said 5'3 x 19" x 2.3" (no Sk8 deck). That didn't seem right as I'm 6'1 and 185. But Dave said Nathan Fletcher is 6'0 and 185 and rides 5'2 x 19" x 2.15 Sk8 deck. Dave said you gotta ride it tiny.

Speaking of which, I saw Nathan out at Honolua the day Jaws ran in December and he was riding a tiny ass board in double overhead waves. He paddles like a maniac.

gbarsby3

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 15, 2012
So funny I called those guys yesterday, they changed the price for me to $225 and Racer got to it before I could check out, glad its going to a good home- enjoy man!

• Wow
Reactions: Aruka and racer1

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
So funny I called those guys yesterday, they changed the price for me to $225 and Racer got to it before I could check out, glad its going to a good home- enjoy man!

No way! Sorry Gbarsby! I just happened to look at it and was thinking hmmm that’s weird it’s $25 cheaper now.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Board is a rocket. It's very fast, insanely fast and high performance. I used a set of split keels and it was way too fast and loose. Going to try my go to quad set AM larges. Waves were windy AF and about chest to a foot over head with some nice double ups and walls. Threw the fins out 3-4 times and did some high speed banking type turns. You really just stand on the tail and turn in the pocket over and over. Board is a trip.

Problem though, the board is faaaaahking tiny. Dragged myself around the lineup. Can't believe Stretch recommended me an even smaller board than this. I have been riding much more volume recently so maybe it just takes some getting used to. The paddling strain might be a deal breaker.

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Board is a rocket. It's very fast, insanely fast and high performance. I used a set of split keels and it was way too fast and loose. Going to try my go to quad set AM larges. Waves were windy AF and about chest to a foot over head with some nice double ups and walls. Threw the fins out 3-4 times and did some high speed banking type turns. You really just stand on the tail and turn in the pocket over and over. Board is a trip.

Problem though, the board is faaaaahking tiny. Dragged myself around the lineup. Can't believe Stretch recommended me an even smaller board than this. I have been riding much more volume recently so maybe it just takes some getting used to. The paddling strain might be a deal breaker.