Who else has convinced themselves they need a new board during this Covid-19 downtime?

Mar 27, 2019
Somewhere
I convinced myself I needed 12 of them:(. Mostly second hand rides in pristine condition. Mostly weird or retro shapes. I did manage to sell a bunch though. I think of it as a good time to clear out most of the pop outs, and replace them with unique shapes.
I feel good for donating to the credit card companies in form of interest, you know, my personal way of trying to bail out the big corporations in need.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
So I drove down to Stu Kenson's shop today and picked up a beautiful 9'4 epoxy longboard, it is really light and strong and feels good under the arm, will report when I ride it. I always have one longboard in the collection but saw Stu post this on his instagram and thought ok I need this, my current one is beat and heavy and not really a good board at all. I have some of his epoxy boards and P.U. but the epoxy ones are notoriously bullet proof, I have a pleasure pig that is 7 years old and is still in prime condition. He showed my a bunch of boards he is shipping to Japan and the boards are insane. He is doing a bunch of refinements from his old shapes, Keel Fish, Pleasure Pig, bonzers, and a new riff on the old C5 thing that he and Bill Johnson were doing at Rusty's. Good to see an old friend
and someone open the lakes so the guy can go fishing! kenson.jpgken 2.jpgken 2.jpgkens 3.jpg

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
It's 2# block cut eps with 6# L stringer Marko foam. This board is sort of a HPSB for a broke down old man. I set the fins at 7 1/2" on this board back from the Jobson 8 1/2" 1 1/2" from the rail 1/16" toe 3*/10* cant . Jobson inspired bottom and bevel rail. Mini beak inspired by GG 6.2 twinzer outline.jpgbeaknose.jpg6.2 bevel rail.jpg

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Reactions: need 4 speed

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Right at the beginning of the shelter at home thing, I just found out that the guy I had been waiting months for to shape me a new fish was not going to be coming to town for a long while.

I had never bought a board off the rack in my life until this. 5'11 Album. A bit more volume than I'd like but it's been pretty fun.

1588789430446.png