Who else has convinced themselves they need a new board during this Covid-19 downtime?

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
I caved and ended up ordering a giggle box that should be ready pretty soon. I already ordered and received a couple of traction pads (arch and no arch) for it and am already thinking about which fins to try first

Reactions: Aruka and JDJ

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Pretty set for my stand up boards going into summer, but plan to demo a few from my local shaper (Rusty).

Was thinking about another Bodyboard to fill the final gap in the quiver. Currently 34", 38", 42.5", 43.5" so all the kids and adults have something to ride, but I don't let anyone touch my 42.5" heh heh. :geek:

Considering this in 42". Straightest template they offer with the new quad channels.

Mar 27, 2019
Somewhere
Quarantine board numero dos. 5’6 Lost RNF in XTR
That's mighty purdy... What fins are you going to use? After trying standard quads and twin keels on mine, I found controllers worked best for me in that board.
Picked that up during the sale I guess?

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
That's mighty purdy... What fins are you going to use? After trying standard quads and twin keels on mine, I found controllers worked best for me in that board.
Picked that up during the sale I guess? Anyone know if the Promo code still works? I wanna replace a Bro Fish Poly, with an XTR.
yeah, I did. I have the Timmy Patterson large fronts with the TP True Ames quad rears, and also the NVS Mannkine medium quads

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Initial report: this board catches everything. The fin placement makes the board a little tighter/stiffer but that isn’t a bad thing. Running TP quads. 8.C glassing feels light & strong, and not chattery on a bumpy face. That is all.
30B6A5D9-0F59-42B8-ACFB-246F91D262B4.jpeg
78C354B3-AECE-4B94-A8D8-0B80907D0A99.jpeg

Mar 27, 2019
Somewhere
For some reason, I just got bit by the bug to order a new board.

Now I have to beg the wife to go along with it.
I usually commence a shoe count when that happens..Don't forget the ones in the boxes under the bed. Usually mid way through the shoe count, a cease fire or truce will be agreed upon. The peace time can last a couple of months sometimes. Kind of like the North and South Korea conflict.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I usually commence a shoe count when that happens..Don't forget the ones in the boxes under the bed. Usually mid way through the shoe count, a cease fire or truce will be agreed upon. The peace time can last a couple of months sometimes. Kind of like the North and South Korea conflict.
Genius!

I need to initiate a covert op and stack all her shoes together before I even start the conversation.

I can see it now.......

Me: Hey babe, can I order a new board?

Wife: Are you serious? You're really thinking of ordering another board? What's wrong with the 10 boards you have sitting in the garage?

Me: You think I have too many boards, huh? May I present Exhibit A.

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
or you can just be honest, and say stu(insert your shaper here) has a board that some guy didn't want and i can get it for 300 bucks and then give him the 500 cash you have in you gotta bug out envelope with a check for 300. these #s are for entertainment purposes only

Reactions: jkb and johnson7

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
Here's how you get away with ordering new boards: Order clear boards every time. Keep them stashed in a board bag until the wax gets dirty and they "look" old. My wife hasn't the slightest clue when I get a new one. Also, I usually sell a board right before I order a new one so the number of boards stays consistent. One time I thought I was busted when she asked, "I didn't realize you have 9 boards." And I just replied, 'Oh I've always had 9." The one I just picked up today is securely hidden in a dirty board bag. I'll leave it in there for a month or so until the wax matches the rest of my boards.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Here's how you get away with ordering new boards: Order clear boards every time. Keep them stashed in a board bag until the wax gets dirty and they "look" old. My wife hasn't the slightest clue when I get a new one. Also, I usually sell a board right before I order a new one so the number of boards stays consistent. One time I thought I was busted when she asked, "I didn't realize you have 9 boards." And I just replied, 'Oh I've always had 9." The one I just picked up today is securely hidden in a dirty board bag. I'll leave it in there for a month or so until the wax matches the rest of my boards.
That’s exactly my strategy. Never has failed.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
That’s exactly my strategy. Never has failed.
I used to tell guys worried about their wives to order all the boards the same color. That's all it takes with most women. My wife on the other hand, I have a room upstairs that has perimeter racks screwed into the walls. All the way around. I don't know how many boards are in there but I have run out of room. She could care less. She knew what she was marrying.

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
Been so small around here been watching videos of gliders. maybe I will get one. Friend on Maui has a Josh Hall 12' Eagle that he loves. Who rode one and from what shaper?