Who else has convinced themselves they need a new board during this Covid-19 downtime?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I know I can't be the only one. No sports to watch or follow. Trapped with the wife & kiddos. Haven't been in the water in 10 days. Bored and frothing to surf. As has been the case for the last year, I still need to get rid of 3-4 boards I don't ride that either didn't work for me or are duplicates.
But here is what I'm lining up:

1) 6'1 Ghost. Read some of the glowing erBB thread and talked myself into needing one for the very small gap in my quiver for OH-but-not-huge waves. Looking for a used one since it won't get much use around here.

2) 5'9" quad fish: called dibs on this one at local shop once they reopen. It's exactly what I would order from this local legend SD shaper (minus the 8-week wait) and I'm hoping to trade a couple used boards for it. I emailed the shaper asking if he thought this one would work for me, he called me in 15 sec. and talked me through the board for 10 min after looking up details from his file, and said it sounds perfect dims for me based off others I have from him. He said go for it so I don't have to wait for him. Great shaper and nicest guy and only made me want to order more from him.

What Covid-19 Lockdown boards have you guys talked yourselves into needing??

Last edited:

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Oh yeah, I'm definitely obsessing and cruising craigslist constantly, however I'm saving up for a wedding/honeymoon so it's all just a tease. I will live vicariously through the rest of you.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I just got a few freshies so I actually feel pretty set. I just need some fun waves to test them out.

It's a weird feeling not having the next order planned out.

I do still have one more on the way, a 6'6" round tail twinny from Album via XTR.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Oh yeah, I'm definitely obsessing and cruising craigslist constantly, however I'm saving up for a wedding/honeymoon so it's all just a tease. I will live vicariously through the rest of you.
hope the wedding isn't planned for soon. I can't imagine how many people have lost non-refundable wedding plans for this Spring... that's a lot of boards!

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
just waiting on my $1200 gubment check. should be able to buy 2 with money left over for new tailpads at the current exchange rate.
probably a 6'1" roundtail stock standard shorty
6'6" round pin step up

Reactions: oeste858

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I quarantine-ordered a custom Rusty Twin Fin while bored at my house over the weekend :p per R.'s website turnaround time is 2-4 weeks. also eyeing an XTR Pyzalien 2 but my wallet will really hate me if i do that

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Ocean

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I need nothing. (Did I just say that?)

I do plan on the following once retail opens back up:

New SS full from my local surfshop
Stock up on tackle from my local tackle shop

Gonna try to avoid online purchases as much as possible once this blows over.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
hope the wedding isn't planned for soon. I can't imagine how many people have lost non-refundable wedding plans for this Spring... that's a lot of boards!
Not till september so hopefully we're safe. Not sure I can deal with postponing it... because that postpones buying boards.

YakAk

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 22, 2010
I have a board coming fairly soon. I have the money set aside for the remainder of the balance. Although I'm worried I might need it for bills in case I get laid off during these crazy times. Then I walk through my garage and see all the boards stacked up and think, "have I ever been responsible when it comes to buying more boards"?

Last edited:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Reactions: obslop and jkb