what'z on the menu?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
got in a surf this morning then took the boat out to keep the parts moving (been a rough winter). got some nice bass so we're having fish tacos tonight. no pics cause it's nothing special. love living life near the sea :)
Well I hope they were Calicos. Best eating fish in the sea or at least one of them and not available in any store. Gotta get'em yourself and I'm glad for that. Cheers hombre!

Reactions: npsp

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Well I hope they were Calicos. Best eating fish in the sea or at least one of them and not available in any store. Gotta get'em yourself and I'm glad for that. Cheers hombre!
Sho nuff! I went out of Ensenada one time with the local 89 Oceanside labor union mafia on a wild no sh!t hookers and blow trip, just me and another guy fishing and we caught a mess of Calicos. Went to the Todos Santos trailer park and cooked ‘em up for Uncle Leon and Aunt Dorthy and all their retired friends, they’d put up with us weekends and summers I high school bumming it between there and 3ms with stops at Hussongs.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

I made corned beef the other day. Cooked it too high a temp and it wasn't very tender.
I bought the mega cheap cut and it was, unsurprisingly, average.
I did boiled potatoes, which I'm down with now and then, but the wife was not into.
I undercooked the cabbage.

I've got another one in the freezer to redo it. I roast it rather than boil it, and the wife will get mashed potatoes this time.
I've used this recipe with good results. All the pepper leans into pastrami territory, which is fine by me.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I made corned beef the other day. Cooked it too high a temp and it wasn't very tender.
I bought the mega cheap cut and it was, unsurprisingly, average.
I did boiled potatoes, which I'm down with now and then, but the wife was not into.
I undercooked the cabbage.

I've got another one in the freezer to redo it. I roast it rather than boil it, and the wife will get mashed potatoes this time.
I've used this recipe with good results. All the pepper leans into pastrami territory, which is fine by me.
This year I cooked the corn beef & cabbage, potatoes and carrots in an instapot.

Reactions: LBKpilot