what'z on the menu?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I took a buddy to one of my chanterelle spots and he started yelling about finding the "motherload". I looked in his bag and there were a bunch of hollow stems with open gills. :foreheadslap: I definitely saved him from a bad stomach ache and a night of barforama.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Deb spent quit a bit of time standing at the stove and stirring the rice and dropping in different ingredients. Pour the stock in, stir and stir. Add a little more, stir and stir. T’was truly fun to watch her and the results were truly worth her efforts. :shaka:
I did that once for my wifes birthday dinner years ago
she still talks about it
sometimes in a “wow, that was so good”
sometimes adding a “why wont you do that again?” vibe

imdont know, I don’t feel like stinging for hours for something you’ll eat a few tablespoons of and then say you’re full
and it’s not that good of a leftover

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Oh man that looks awesome. I should make more stews. That reminds me of a stew my grandmother used to make, but hers had barley in it. So fucking good.
Sounds amazing. This one is pretty basic, chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, beef stock & wine. Perfect cold weather food!

Reactions: Chocki

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Sounds amazing. This one is pretty basic, chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, beef stock & wine. Perfect cold weather food!
I think I'm gonna try that. Someone gave me a shoulder(?) loin or something from one of his ranch cows (said it was a "Denver cut") and I don't know what to do with it. It's been sitting in the fridge since Sunday. It's like 1.5 feet long, starts out like a tri-tip and tapers to a little tail at the end. Make a pot of stew and freeze some portions to reheat seems like a good call.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
I think I'm gonna try that. Someone gave me a shoulder(?) loin or something from one of his ranch cows (said it was a "Denver cut") and I don't know what to do with it. It's been sitting in the fridge since Sunday. It's like 1.5 feet long, starts out like a tri-tip and tapers to a little tail at the end. Make a pot of stew and freeze some portions to reheat seems like a good call.
You are super stocked! Denver cut is super tender with a lot of marble. You can roast them like a brisket. But if it were me, I'd salt and pepper that bad boy and throw it on a hot grill.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I made a Pork Shoulder Roast the other night. I pulled it 30+ minutes to early so it wasn't as rendered or tender as I wanted it to be. Leftovers were better.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ok AFOAF close your ear but let’s see, this week I had lunch at Wolfgang, dinner the next night at Benjamin, and then a much needed lighter lunch at the union square cafe today,

and I bought two jars of really good looking flower at the sick new weed truck on park ave, just 2 blocks north of the USQ. Sherbacio (which I have tried and love) and “push pop” which I have yet to try

Reactions: LBKpilot

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
You are super stocked! Denver cut is super tender with a lot of marble. You can roast them like a brisket. But if it were me, I'd salt and pepper that bad boy and throw it on a hot grill.
Thanks. I'm gonna do that now but the scrap end got cooked today. I cut off about 1/3 of the thick area to grill maybe sometime this week, It's still about the size of a tri tip. Trimmed up and cubed the rest. Braised it in a bottle of wine, pint of stock with mirepoix and demiglace + tomato paste for a bunch of hours, strained, and added some sauteed shrooms, carrots and onions after the sauce got thicc. Vac sealed for the freezer. Can't remember the last time I ate beef stew but it's pretty bomb.

ds.jpg

bs.jpg

bs2.jpg
B

Last edited: