Weight loss is harder than rocket science.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I eat like I'm poor during the week. Mostly a monotonous eating plan. Plant based protein shake with banana. Later at work a serving of fruit or vegs. Rice or sweet potato or some other high carb at lunch after gym/stretching. And another protein shake. Sometimes I mix in some chicken or turkey at lunch. But mostly no animal protein at breakfast or lunch. A late afternoon snack. Dinner is greens and some animal protein. I try to eat late and light 4 dinner. If I eat too early I have too much time 2 snack.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I have nothing against those at all, except for brown rice. That stuff is gross. I often eat similar meals. I’m more illustrating that you shouldn’t diet in a way that is drastically different from how you plan to eat afterwards. The more you diverge back towards the unhealthy habits you had before, the more weight you will gain back.
I don't eat brown rice either. My digestive tract doesn't like it. It's short or medium grain white for me, with the occasional meal of jasmine.

Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I had a huge hero a few hours before my cycle for survival. Cranked for 90 minutes. Could have gone for hours but had to share our teams four bikes lol. Lobster cob salad for dinner (big one with lot s of lobsters gorgonzola bacon day hard boiled eggs. Feel amazing.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Build muscle mass.

That sh!t gobbles up the calories.

I made a joke to my girl friend loosing weight and she was like, "FUCK YOU FATSO!" :monkey:

She brought up needing to loose weight.

I just joined in on the fun

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
i lost another 20+ in lockdown. maybe 175 now? i was 215 this time last year. It's gotten tot he point where my wife is like "maybe you should stop losing weight" and i said "LET ME HAVE THIS ONE THING!!!" I may be going crazy but at least i look amazing whilst doing so. did an hour of sunrise yoga on the beach. coffee before and after. worked for a while. Then made two little "Dave's killer bread" english muffin PB+J's, and walked 18 holes of golf, and ate the little sammies during the round. what's that, 600 calories? shell steaks and broccoli for dinner. total calories for the day won't even approach 2000. plus 8 miles of walking (according to my steps tracker) and an hour of yoga (that's a rest day for me, work out wise)

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
i lost another 20+ in lockdown. maybe 175 now? i was 215 this time last year. It's gotten tot he point where my wife is like "maybe you should stop losing weight" and i said "LET ME HAVE THIS ONE THING!!!" I may be going crazy but at least i look amazing whilst doing so. did an hour of sunrise yoga on the beach. coffee before and after. worked for a while. Then made two little "Dave's killer bread" english muffin PB+J's, and walked 18 holes of golf, and ate the little sammies during the round. what's that, 600 calories? shell steaks and broccoli for dinner. total calories for the day won't even approach 2000. plus 8 miles of walking (according to my steps tracker) and an hour of yoga (that's a rest day for me, work out wise)
Just say that according to these old timey height/weight insurance tables, you're fine, though I am gonna guess that after the last three decades of fatness in the USA, you might not be all that thin at 175 as the both of you think.:unsure:

1595371522362.png

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
A little over a year ago I weighed 245 and my knees were starting to hurt pretty consistently. I knew I had to make some changes or watch surfing, skiing, and backpacking slip away from me. So a made a new life rule for myself. No alcohol or refined carbs if I weigh over 200. Haven't had a drink in over a year now. Hit 208 and the lockdown and just can't seem to move the needle at all since March. Considering chopping off a body part to get down to 200 and have a drink. Gotta do what you gotta do.

• Haha
Reactions: test_article

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
eat calories of BW x 10 of mostly plants and do this:

works really, really well. You probably won't lose any weight but just put on muscle and get leaner.
I don’t follow anything like that. I’m not into scams. I just identify things I’m consuming that I don’t need at stop eating that.

Last edited:
Reactions: CutnSnip

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Bro science scam artist trying to make money.
trainers who train a lot of people can know sh!t.

Practitioners doing the actual work are usually ahead of the science.

Some are.

Abel trains a lot of body builders.

That teaches you stuff about getting lean

There is no free meal.

(I just realized that is a pun)

Last edited:
Reactions: johnson7

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Just don’t eat a lot most days and get a good vigorous mix of exercise. Oh and have good genes

that said, the 12 z shell steak I grilled tonight was the bomb. Bullshit seasoning on the counter for an hour and a really hot gas grill For a few minutes. Steamed broccoli with butter and lemon. Easy. Delicious