Weight loss is harder than rocket science.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I do best when I work out hard first and start to get stronger.

Then I start to crave good food.

If you want to lose fat, you need to lift heavy and eat protein.

It's pretty simple.

--fatso out!
Don’t we all eat protein?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
All the different fad diets, Keto, Carnivore, Atkins, Mediterranean, Intermitent Fasting etc. etc. etc. efficacy is solely due to the persons ability to adhere to it. She people respond well to a diet and don't see it as limiting, resulting in weight loss. It's not the diet that worked, it's the persons ability, be it palette, schedule, etc to stick to it....but at the end of the day it's calories in/out.
What are you trying to do, kill this thread with your reasonable statement?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Age, physiology, genetics, and biochemistry also play a role. Those are complicated factors.
They are important in the grand scheme of things, but you are essentially majoring in the minors to attribute the cause of obesity or inability to lose weight to those factors. Most overweight/obese people have unhealthy eating and (lack of) movement habits.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
They are important in the grand scheme of things, but you are essentially majoring in the minors to attribute the cause of obesity or inability to lose weight to those factors. Most overweight/obese people have unhealthy eating and (lack of) movement habits.
Two years ago
While visiting in Idaho was amazed at watching my older brother 3x teen daughters + step kids and eating habits and specially drinking habits. All processed food mostly frozen and spent good amount of time at fast food places.

• Wow
Reactions: Havoc

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Not drinking alcohol was an eye opener for me. It's not the actual drink calories but the amount of food I would over eat when I was drinking, whether it was eating something salty while drinking sweet beer or the lowering of my inhibitions and indulging in whatever was available.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Not drinking alcohol was an eye opener for me. It's not the actual drink calories but the amount of food I would over eat when I was drinking, whether it was eating something salty while drinking sweet beer or the lowering of my inhibitions and indulging in whatever was available.
Yep, beer and alcohol will get you, especially if you mix said alcohol with soda (i.e., Jack and Coke). And pizza goes with way too easily. Ditto fast food.

Weed is good if you get stoned enough that even the thought of making the effort to go to pantry/fridge will just make you fall asleep.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
It gets harder and harder. What I can get fat on now is astounding. And that's with working out like a barbarian. To pull that last 10-15 off I have to live on a few raw veggies and tuna in spring water. It used to be simple. It ain't anymore.
heh, been working on that last 5 pounds for like, 20 years

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
If I had to lose weight, I would have a really hard time. My life behavior has been working out every day (and not hardcore, just every day), have fruit and a little fiber for breakfast, a healthy and spare lunch, and eat whatever the fvck I want for dinner, plus beer. I don't happen to crave the sweet desserts and cakes and cookies and donuts and snacks which are abundantly available, so that helps. Been the same weight forever.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
I stop drinking beer, my weight goes down 5-6lbs, I start again it goes up by the same amount.

nothing else has ever affected my weight, same now as when I was teenager.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Two years ago
While visiting in Idaho was amazed at watching my older brother 3x teen daughters + step kids and eating habits and specially drinking habits. All processed food mostly frozen and spent good amount of time at fast food places.
That's it for a lot of people. Laziness, lack of ability and or knowledge to prepare ones own food, convenience, time restraints come into play.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
That's it for a lot of people. Laziness, lack of ability and or knowledge to prepare ones own food, convenience, time restraints come into play.
and the kids have learned what they were taught.